Candidates must be able to carry out and write up necessary observations to inform and evaluate the child’s needs. They must be experienced classroom practitioners proactive in dealing with students and identifying groups or individuals who may be falling behind in their learning.
Candidates must be able to use their own initiative and will have the following:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent is essential;
- good standard of education; Maths and English GCSE grades A – C, or equivalent;
- can provide excellent classroom support in literacy, numeracy and behavioural needs;
- good organisation and inter-personal skills;
- good knowledge of ICT;
- be committed to high achievement from students and themselves.
Additional Benefits for Working for the GLC:
- £1000 Golden Hello for successful candidates [LSA's applying directly to the GLC, only after a qualifying period of six months.]
- Staff well-being programme: Including access to Perkboxand multiple discounts
- Long service awards after: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and years of service
- State of the art facilities and access to high quality resources to support learning
- A paid ‘My Day’ each year
- Excellent career development and training
- 2 week October half term break
- A supportive central team [reprographics, ICT, HR, Finance] which enables teachers to focus on teaching
- Subsidised holiday provision for children of staff
The GLC is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. Following safer recruitment procedures, the appointment will be subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and enhanced DBS disclosure.
This job post has expired.