- Job role
- Education support
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Part time
30.5 hours per week
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Fixed Term Contract for 12 months to then be reviewed)
- Actual salary Grade 4 £13,572 to £14,691 per year
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT (SEMH) Grade 4 (Scale Point 5-9) 30.5 hours per week, term time Fixed Term Contract for 12 months to then be reviewed
To commence as soon as possible
Headway is a new alternative provision centre, based at Baysgarth School. Our aim at Headway is to ensure that every learner has the opportunity to thrive, feel valued and be successful, and we are committed to ensuring this happens for each and every student. We understand that every young person is an individual and they have individual talents and needs which must be nurtured if they are to be successful. Our vision at Headway, is to offer vulnerable students and their families an educational provision which will do just that. We are looking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed individual to join our team as we develop this provision. This role will form a key role within the Headway team, providing the curriculum and intervention support to students who have social, emotional or mental health issues.
We offer flexible, individualised programmes for students who, for a variety of reasons, are finding mainstream school difficult. We provide a therapeutic, nurturing approach alongside our academic curriculum. In addition to the right curriculum, children need the right pastoral care. At Headway, all students are allocated with a Key Worker, who will develop the home school partnership and ensure that communication is strong and effective.
The role of Learning Support Assistant is key in providing high quality learning experiences at all times for our students.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Supporting individuals or groups of students with social, emotional or mental health issues to access all areas of the curriculum
• Working collaboratively with teaching staff to create outstanding learning opportunities
• Delivering 1:1 or group targeted interventions which may include social and emotional interventions
• Communicating student progress to a range of stakeholders
• Supervising pupils during breaks, lunchtimes and extra-curricular activities
The following qualifications and experience are essential:
• GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent) Grade C or above
• Experience of working with students with additional needs within a secondary school
• Knowledge and awareness of KS2 and post 16 education
• Knowledge of how students learn and how additional needs might impact on this
• Knowledge of SEND needs such as ADHD and Autism and how these can be supported
• Using ICT to support students’ learning
• Using differentiation strategies to support a range of learning needs effectively
Headway, in partnership with Baysgarth School, is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
If you are inspired by the challenge and responsibility of this opportunity we would like to hear from you.
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from our school website.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the post, please feel free to contact Jade Driscoll, Deputy Headteacher, at the school.
Closing date for applications is 12.00pm on Friday 30th September 2021 Interviews will be held the following week
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.