Learning Support Assistant (SEN Resource Base) Lvl 3
Contract Type: Term Time only (38 weeks per year)
Salary: NJC 15-18 £19,782 - £20,467 (FTE £26,873 - £27,803)
Hours: 32.5 hours pw - 8:30am-3:30pm Monday to Friday
Closing date: 22 February 2024
Interview Date 1 March 2024
Compass Point is a diverse and welcoming school in the heart of Bedminster, part of the Excalibur Learning Trust.
In September 2021 we opened our first class of our resource base provision for KS2 children with a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Condition and expanded in September 2022 with two additional classes for KS1 children. This September, we will be expanding again by offering an additional 6 KS2 spaces and are looking for someone who can join our team to prepare for this expansion. We believe in establishing an inclusive model of learning for our children and one which develops life skills within a caring and nurturing established school community.
We are looking for a friendly, positive person with a can-do attitude who has experience of working with ASC children and can use this experience to support the classroom teacher to help raise pupils attainment and develop skills for life.
The successful candidate will:
- have experience working with children with SEN and/or Autism
- be keen to learn and willing to act on feedback
- enjoy working as part of a hard-working, committed team
- demonstrate good numeracy and literacy skills
- inspire, motivate and encourage children
- use initiative and be self-motivated
In return we offer:
- high quality training and development
- free wellbeing support services including annual health-checks, counselling, menopause support and more
- a days leave on or around your birthday
- free annual flu vaccinations
- cycle to work scheme
- reduced gym membership
- a friendly and supportive workplace
We are a close knit staff team that is committed to developing every child to reach their potential. If you share our vision and are looking for a role in which you can develop and learn from, then please apply for this position.
If you would like any further information or would like to visit the school then please do not hesitate to get in touch
We look forward to receiving your application.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Visas cannot be sponsored.