- Job role
- Education support
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Will consider part-time, term time
5 days a week 6 hours 5 mins per day totalling 30 hours 25 mins per week.
- Contract type
- Fixed term (31/08/2022)
- £18,933 FTE
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated and effective Learning Support Assistant.
• Providing personalised learning support within a classroom setting, as directed by the Class Teacher and SENCo.
• Supporting pupils with speech and language and social interaction needs.
• Helping develop fine and gross motor skills.
• Acting as a positive role model for pupils, encouraging growth mindset.
The ideal candidate will need:
• to hold at least Maths and English GCSE Grade C or equivalent.
• to demonstrate competence in supporting students within a learning environment where you encourage them to achieve and make good progress.
• to be resilient and positive, showing initiative and flexibility.
• to have excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
• to be able to work as part of a team under the direction of the class teacher.
• to be well organised and efficient.
• to have experience of classroom behaviour management skills.
• to have experience of supporting pupils with SEN in a learning environment and be willing to assist with personal care should the need arise.
• to have prior experience of working with pupils with ASD, ADHD and SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) needs.
• to have experience of EYFS curriculum, alongside Primary Curriculum, would be useful.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 226 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Rochford Primary and Nursery School
The successful candidate will become part of our friendly and hard-working team which is dedicated to ensuring our children learn and are well cared for.
In return we can offer the successful candidate
• the opportunity to work with our lovely children.
• a CPD entitlement for all staff.
• supportive colleagues who want the best possible opportunities for children.
• an exciting and happy working environment.
Rochford Primary is a happy and inclusive school. Our children are well-behaved and eager to learn, and our staff are supportive and committed.
Rochford Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical and enhanced DBS clearance.
Arranging a visit to Rochford Primary and Nursery School
Visits are warmly welcomed, please contact Sherrie Anderson on 01702 544342 to book your visit.