Governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Learning Support Assistant to our dedicated and caring SEND Team. The roles will include a range of responsibilities as well as working in partnership with class teachers to support learning with individual students under the direction of teaching staff. The successful candidate will be required to support pupils in the sensory room, ensure pupils attend lessons, helping regulate outside the class room where appropriate and follow individualised programmes of support. We believe that to enable our pupils to learn effectively, they need to feel safe in their environment and be both socially and emotionally ready to learn. We understand the importance of holistic development and look to offer nurturing and enriching experiences to enable to the development of the whole child and look forward to welcoming the right person to our team. This post is subject to satisfactory references being received and a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure being obtained from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The ability to:-
- communicate well, to work as a member of a team, and able to have effective working relationships with students, staff and parents
- Contribute to the wider work of the school and other activities.
- Identify and analyse the underlying issues that may lead to underachievement and barriers to learning and participation.
- Be resilient and flexible and to try different approaches with children whose needs may be very different.
- Develop positive working relationships with all young people.
- Plan, monitor, evaluate and review all interventions with students.
Broughton Hall Catholic High School is an Ofsted rated Good provider (Nov 2022). We are proud of our strong Catholic ethos and values. The school has an excellent reputation and promotes an inclusive education which develops creativity, confidence and independence. The school is committed to the continuous professional development of all staff including Aspiring Leaders, NPQML and NPQSL programmes. The Trustees are the Sisters of Mercy. Please see the information pack for further details. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance & satisfactory references. Broughton Hall High School actively supports continuous professional development for all staff and follows a whole school approach to staff performance and development. Broughton Hall is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff are expected to follow the school's child protection and code of conducts policies and procedures. We are committed to promoting the welfare of young people.
This job post has expired.