- Job role
- Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Temporary vacancy linked to a child's education and health care plan)
- NJC Grade 1, SCP 3 for the SMSA role and Grade 3, SCP 5-6 for the LSA role (£9.62 - £10.21 per hour)
We are looking for an excellent temporary LSA/ School Meals Supervisory Assistant to support a named pupil and complement our hard working team. Could this be you?
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School is a popular and friendly school situated in pleasant grounds in Weston on the edge of the historic City of Bath.
For the LSA role, applicants should:
- Work proactively and flexibly within a highly motivated and successful team
- Be an excellent communicator with pupils, parents and staff members alike
- Be able to motivate, nurture and inspire children to achieve and enjoy learning
- Be reliable and punctual
- Have a good manner with adults and children
- Be willing to work with other professionals and engage in relevant training
- Be able to provide support in meeting individual learning and medical needs
- Be aware of factors that can impact on learners’ development, including mental health and wellbeing
- Be aware of the different aspects of the primary school, especially those within KS2
- Support the distinctive ethos and Christian values of the school
As well as working as an LSA within our school we are seeking an SMSA who can:
- Oversee the supervision and support pupils in the dining hall and playground
- Adhere to school policies regarding pupil discipline and behaviour management
- Assist with the transition of pupils to and from the dining hall
- Deal with incidents, e.g. spillages and referral of pupils to designated first aiders, if appropriate
- Encourage and lead effective play between pupils
Please note that this is a temporary appointment related to the provision of special needs support in respect of a named child and will continue pending a review of the pupil’s EHCP or the pupil's departure from the school, if earlier.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 192 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About St Mary's Catholic Primary School
We are very proud of our school, which is a loving and welcoming one-form entry (194 pupils) Catholic voluntary aided primary school in the historic city of Bath. St Mary's is committed to providing a nurturing and healthy environment for all. We welcome children of all faiths and beliefs who are ready to embrace our mission statement and values. We aim to educate the whole child and help our pupils to be kind and responsible members of the community.
Arranging a visit to St Mary's Catholic Primary School
The school is closed for the summer holiday but visits can be arranged by emailing Mr A Tarrant (Executive Head) at email@example.com.