Learning Support Assistant
160 days remaining to apply
Start date details
As soon as possible
31 August 2023 at 11:59pm
31 January 2023
- View all Full timejobs - 33.5 hrs/week, term time only + 5 training days
Full-time equivalent salary
- N4 £21,575 - £22,777 per annum (actual salary £16,754 - £17,688)
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Excellent classroom practitioner.
- An understanding of the educational environment and teaching of pupils with learning difficulties.
- A clear understanding of the Special Needs Assistant’s role.
- Ability to support the teaching of pupils with learning difficulties.
- A clear vision of how the role can be used to ensure pupil progression and effective delivery of their learning.
- An understanding of assessment, recording and reporting processes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
DfE recognised Teaching Assistant
qualification, Special Needs Assistant
qualification or Nursery Nurse qualification –
equivalent to Level 2.
- Ability to demonstrate good contribution to assisting teaching in present school.
- Experience of assisting in the teaching of
National Curriculum to pupils with learning
What the school offers its staff
- A friendly and supportive team of staff across the Trust who are willing to share expertise and learn from one another
- An exciting and diverse learning environment where hard work and achievement are appreciated, acknowledged and celebrated
- A curriculum that is relevant to the needs of our pupils
- A well-resourced learning environment
- A supportive Trust, Trustees and Local Advisory Committee members
- Further professional development appropriate to the role
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 214 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Thomas Bewick School
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 19
- School size
- 284 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Thomas Bewick School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0191 605 3899
Thomas Bewick School is a specialist provision for autistic children and young people. We cater for children and young people aged 4 -19 years with a range of abilities and differences associated with Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) and all of our pupils have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). The school is arranged over three different sites and our relevant, exciting and challenging curriculum is taught and supported by a team of caring, friendly and dedicated staff who are trained in a range of ASC specific approaches and strategies. All of our pupils have access to an autism specific environment with a range of specialist facilities and activities available to support different aspects of their learning and development. At Thomas Bewick School, we are committed to developing the whole child, not just their academic ability. Our school motto is ‘Growth Through Understanding’ and this underpins everything we do. We believe that ‘growth’ occurs when each pupil is seen as an individual and when their own unique skills, interests and talents are nurtured and encouraged. We care very much about the success of every pupil but ‘understand’ and respect that success for each of our pupils may look very different. We also appreciate that in order to continue to grow and succeed as a school, we need to work closely with parents, carers, families and our multi-agency colleagues to develop our ‘understanding’, expertise and specialism. Our school is a welcoming community where everyone should feel safe, secure, valued and respected and where we have a shared commitment to providing the best possible learning opportunities for each and every pupil. We have the highest expectations and aspirations for all of our pupils so that when the time comes, they are confident and ready to take their next steps in life.
Arranging a visit to Thomas Bewick School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne and Tyne and Wear