- Job role
- Education support
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
28 hours per week- Mon-Fri 8.50am-3.15pm
- Contract type
- Fixed term (31st August 2022)
- Annual or full-time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £18,198 - £18933 per annum pro rata
- Actual salary
- (pro rata salary £11,917-£12,399
Devonshire Infant Academy is looking to employ an LSA to work 28 hours per week with children with special educational needs.
You will be responsible for providing individual, keyworker, support for a child with complex needs. This will take place within the class and in designated small group and individual learning areas. You will also provide support during lunchtimes with eating, socialising and interacting with others. You must have an understanding and experience of working with children with special educational needs in EYFS and KS1. Training and support will be given to successful candidates. Please make clear in your application the experience that you have of using specific strategies to support children with communication, target work and routines.
Candidates should have the following qualities and experience:
* Minimum of NVQ level 2 relevant qualification
* of working with children of primary school age, preferably within EYFS and/or EYFS
* in using initiative to create resources and direct learning as necessary i.e. when a child is struggling to understand, provide visual aids, appropriate materials or individualised learning approaches and support in order to move the child's learning forward.
Devonshire Infant Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children so you will need to take a disclosure and barring check. We are committed to promoting Equal Opportunities and therefore only applications submitted on the Academy’s application form will be considered. We do not accept CV only applications.
Applying for the job
Application forms are available as attached. Please return to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.