- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Full time
30 hours each week
- Contract type
- Fixed term (9 months)
- NJC Point 5 (Outer London)
We are looking to recruit a Special Needs Assistant to work in our Reception class, who can:
• work under the supervision of teaching staff to undertake care and support programmes for pupils
• support individuals or a small group with learning tasks
• assist pupils in participating fully in school life
• support learning of targeted pupils within the class
• ideally has experience of working with children with autism
• carry out Maths and English interventions
• carry out speech and language programs
• is proficient in Makaton (preferred)
The candidate will be required to assist the child with some aspects of personal care.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 474 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Yardley Primary School
Yardley Primary School is a 2 form entry community school school situated on the edge of Chingford in Waltham Forest with a long proven record of academic success. As a school we aim to provide a safe, stimulating and inspirational environment for children to learn and thrive academically, socially, physically and emotionally. We teach a broad and balanced curriculum which enables our pupils to become literate and numerate with high levels of spoken, investigative and problem solving skills, together with a balanced view of the World.
This is underpinned by the promotion of our core values of honesty, responsibility, trust, respect, enjoyment and a positive attitude to competition and good manners.
• A supportive team with a strong ethos of collective responsibility
• A positive learning environment with hard working and excellently behaved pupils
More information about the school can be found on our website www.yardleyprimary.co.uk
Successful applicants will have an enhanced Criminal Record Check via DBS. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expect all members of staff to share this commitment.