Evendons Primary is an inclusive and diverse school, with the children at the heart of everything we do. Our emphasis is on personalised learning, with support when needed and challenges when appropriate, for all pupils, in every lesson. We have highly qualified, experienced and dedicated staff who ensure that learning is adapted to children’s individual needs, and we are seeking a talented candidate to support them in this task.
Our school part of the Bellevue Place Education Trust (BPET), a family of high-performing primary schools across London and Berkshire. We have a clear vision to deliver the highest standards of education, blended from the best of the state and independent sectors. We strive for all children to Learn, Enjoy, Succeed.
The position will encompass a 50/50 split of Teaching Assistant and Learning Support Assistant duties.
We are looking for candidates who:
- ideally have prior experience of working with children as a Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant or an interest in starting a career in education;
- have experience working with SEN children;
- are passionate about supporting the teaching and learning of young people;
- have the desire to ensure that all children secure the highest possible levels of progress and attainment;
- have the ability to work creatively and sensitively with children;
- are able to relate well to and communicate well with children and adults.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary with recruitment and retention awards
- The choice of three pension schemes
- Cycle to work scheme and help with travel costs
- Access to Education Support, confidential support 24/7
- Childcare vouchers*
- CPD opportunities to support your future development
- Annual all staff conference
- Annual all staff celebration event
- The opportunity to work within any one of our schools if you wish to embark for a new challenges
- BPET Stakeholder pension
We would be delighted if you would join us in delivering our exciting vision for the benefit of the pupils we serve.
Salary: £14,891 to £17,217
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 3.30pm, 30 hours per week
Contract: This is a fixed term position from January to August with potential to extend / become permanent.
Start Date: 2nd January 2024
Evendons and BPET are committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Evendons and BPET are committed to being equal opportunities employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, nationality, ethnic or national origin. All recruitment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check. Evendons Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We reserve the right to close applications at any point before the published closing date should a suitable candidate be identified.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.