This job expired on 19 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible
19 February 2023 at 11:59pm
30 January 2023
- View all Full timejobs - 32 hours per week
- East Sussex Grade 5: £21,968 - £22,369
What skills and experience we're looking for
Are you committed to the development and achievement of pupils? Do you take a creative approach when interacting with children?
The St Leonards Academy are looking to recruit a Lesson Leader to join our friendly and enthusiastic team, contributing to raising standards in the classroom. In the absence of the class teacher, the Lesson Leader will provide lesson cover under the supervisory arrangements established by the Academy.When these cover arrangements are not required, to work as a Teaching Assistant according to the requirements of the Academy.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is patient, calm and relaxed with an enthusiastic approach to learning
- Is confident in running stimulating, fun and educational activities with children
- Can build and encourage confidence in children, allowing them to lead their own learning when appropriate
What the school offers its staff
Here at The St Leonards Academy, we have a clear vision of what creates successful learners. And we know how to implement it.Our students are enthusiastic about learning because we make sure we supply excellent teaching and exceptional pastoral care.
As well as focusing on academic achievement we are equally committed to the improvement of our students' character through the promotion of our five virtues of kindness, respect, honesty, resilience and self-discipline.
They have opportunities galore to develop these virtues through our personal development curriculum and our enrichment programme that offers everything from rock-climbing to formal debating.Above all, they take pride in themselves, their school, and their learning.
We truly value the experience,the dedication and the commitment of all our employees. When you work with us, we will offer you industry leading benefits including:
- Teachers and Support Staff receive automatic annual pay awards
- High quality continuous professional development and support for your career progression
- A commitment to your health & wellbeing; onsite Wellbeing Champions, flexible working opportunities from Day 1, an Employee Assistance program
- Generous public sector pension scheme
- Discounts on retail & travel
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Charity giving
- Generous annual leave+ bank holidays
The University of Brighton is the sponsor of the University of Brighton Academies Trust. Close connection with the university allows us to draw on the expertise of its education experts and external contacts – something that greatly benefits our academies and our pupils.
Further details about the role
We welcome applications from all members of the community. The Trust is proud to be part of the government’s Disability Confident scheme which underpins our staff recruitment practices.
Find out more
To arrange a visit or to have an informal discussion about this role please contact Gail Ferguson, Academy Administration Manager on 01424 448740 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About The St Leonards Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1467 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The St Leonards Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01424 448740
Arranging a visit to The St Leonards Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Robertsbridge Community College
Knelle Road, Robertsbridge, East Sussex, TN32 5EA
Homewood School and Sixth Form Centre
Ashford Road, Tenterden, Kent, TN30 6LT
Mountfield Road, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2XN
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in East Sussex, Brighton and Hove