- Working pattern
- Contract type
- £20,024 - £31,224 per annum (depending on experience) Grade 4 - 8
Avanti Schools Trust is seeking to recruit a Trust-wide lettings officer. You will have the chance to work closely with all 10 schools across the country and develop each of their lettings offer. There will be a key focus on bringing in new clients and community groups to use the facilities of the schools out of hours. Each of our schools already has operational lettings. We want to be able to support community groups and others through providing safe, high-quality, and affordable facility hire. This role will be responsible for the implementation of the AST lettings strategy and support.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, strong organisation, and accurate data entry, as well as the ability to make yourself understood on the telephone and email with a professional and respectful manner. There will be a need for good time management, to prioritise duties and work on their own initiative. Experience dealing with clients/customers is not essential but is helpful.
Your duties and responsibilities
- To meet the lettings targets set for each school
- To work with the local school teams to administer and manage lettings
- To market letting opportunities at each school in order to develop a large community base that use the school facilities
- To oversee Community Use Agreements at each school
- To ensure safeguarding and H&S requirements are being met at school lettings
- To prepare lettings agreements
- To oversee Avanti’s online lettings portal
- To manage the Lettings email account, ensuring timely responses and identifying key lettings for the Trust
- To plan and oversee logistical arrangements for all lettings in conjunction with school teams
- To ensure lettings have any necessary insurance such as public liability insurance
- To manage the database of cleaners and caretakers for lettings across the Trust
- To manage the database of letting clients across the Trust
- To develop comms and marketing for lettings with the marketing team
- To market the facilities and maximise lettings income.
- To review the school’s website with regards to Lettings.
- To attract new lettings from clubs and groups to maximise income and minimise vacant hire slots.
- To liaise with hirers and ensure customer satisfaction and elicit feedback on the customer experience.
- To work with clubs, sports partners, governing bodies, and Sport England to develop facilities and usage
- To build relationships with Partners and community groups
- To arrange termly meetings with major users to discuss their contracts and experiences
- Other duties appropriate to the grade and role as directed by the Head of Business Services
Applicants should be ideally with a professional qualification or its equivalent and possess relevant experience of working with young people; and the right to work in the UK and be able to drive in order to be able to visit all the schools.
The successful candidate will be expected to be in sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School – following closely the expected behaviours laid out in the Ethos Handbook.
• Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. In making your application, it is essential you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
• Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
• We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity and access for all, irrespective of age, background, race, gender, religion, ability, disability or sexuality. We welcome applications for employment from the whole community.
• CV’s will also be accepted, and candidates must fill in the application forms if they progress to the next stage. Application forms can be downloaded at www.avanti.org.uk/careersand must be submitted to email@example.com once fully completed. The successful candidate will be required to sign the application declaration on appointment.
• Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.