Teaching Assistant and Lunchtime Play Leader
Grade 1 SCP 1-4 £17,842 to £18,933 pro rata
Actual salary £9,915.69
(20 hours p/w, term time only plus 3 days training)
Purpose of the post
To work under the instruction of teaching/senior staff to undertake work/care/support programmes to
enable access to learning for pupils and to lead in the management of pupils on the playground. Work
may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area, under the direction of a teacher.
1. To work with children in the classroom under the direction of the class teachers.
2. Encourage and develop safe, purposeful and creative play during the lunchtime break which supports the aims and values of the school and enriches the pupils’ learning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work as part of the lunchtime team and specifically with other Midday Supervisors (MDSA).
2. Work with others to develop play awareness and opportunities.
3. Engage children in purposeful play and fitness activities.
4. Teach play skills and specific games and activities.
5. Help support children with their personal, social and emotional development needs.
6. Support the children in class under the direction of the class teachers.
7. Monitor the behaviour of children at all times in conjunction with the school’s policy on discipline and behaviour and Rights’ Respecting Agenda. Refer to a senior member of staff where necessary.
8. To be aware of and ensure that the school’s anti-bullying policy is followed.
9. Supporting the school’s first aid procedures by reporting any and every accident/injury to the identified First Aider, who will record the incident.
10. Be aware of Health and Safety issues in accordance with safe practice and Health and Safety legislation.
11. Comply with all decisions and policies of the school; comply with any relevant statutory requirements, including Equal Opportunities legislation, the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Data Protection Act.
12. Have a commitment to Child Safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and young people in accordance with the school’s agreed procedure.
Please note this role is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate (Disclosure and Barring Service)
This job post has expired.