We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and skilled Teaching Assistant to join our caring and supportive school. If you are someone who can form effective and positive relationships with children, colleagues and parents, this is the place for you. You will need to be an effective and highly efficient person who is up for a challenge, being part of an exceptional Academy and willing to ‘go that extra mile’ to ensure children thrive and excel in their learning and as a whole.
This post will be a full-time position incorporating mornings to deliver interventions, including phonics, and class-based work in the afternoons, based in KS1 and 2.
The successful applicant will:
• Have a good understanding of the national curriculum
• Have experience in delivering a phonics programme
• Have experience with working with children with additional needs
• Be dedicated to support pupils with SEND
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and positive behaviour management
• The ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Be innovative and resourceful
• Have energy, enthusiasm and drive
• Have a sense of humour and fun
• Be able to support children with the academic demands of work in both key stages
• A willingness to work towards a HLTA qualification would be desirable.
• Is willing to be adaptable to work in any key stage for the needs of the academy
We can offer you:
• A supportive and cohesive staff team
• Pleasant, modern learning environment
• Extensive outdoors with forest school
• Strong links with the community
• Enthusiastic young learners
• Commitment to Continued Professional Development
Mereside Church of England Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils, the successful candidate must receive a satisfactory enhanced DBS check before taking up the post. A declaration regarding spent and current convictions forms part of the application process. Online searches will be conducted prior to shortlisting and right to work checks will be completed at interview.
This job post has expired.