- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- Working pattern
- Will consider part time, term time
32.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Until 31st August 2024)
- £20,903 - £27,041 pro rata
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated 1:1 Teaching Assistant, who will work in partnership with the classroom teacher to differentiate appropriate 1:1 support for a pupil, who is currently in Year 4. We are looking for somebody who is highly motivated, positive and enthusiastic, who loves working with children and helping them to strive to achieve against their targets.
You must be willing to:
- support and uphold our Catholic ethos
- design and prepare resources to support language development and understanding as well as resources to support children with difficulties in cognition and learning.
- implement strategies as recommended by the Speech and Language Therapist, which might include, but are not limited to, teaching language through categorisation tasks and games, sequencing activities, pre and post tutoring of key vocabulary, and using a phonological and semantic approach when teaching new vocabulary.
- work in consultation with the class teacher to create an environment which is language rich, in terms of spoken language and the use of complementary communication systems such as visual symbols.
- lead interventions that target reading comprehension, word reading, and spelling.
- NVQ3 or equivalent
- A high standard of spoken English
- high expectations and a strong commitment to raising standards
- work with initiative and be self-reliant when appropriate
- a high standard of general education with good numeracy and literacy skills
- Have experience working with children with SEN on 1:1 basis or in classes
- Experience supporting children with moderate to severe SEN needs including speech and language difficulties
- Knowledge of the Early Years curriculum
- confident in using ICT to support children
- Knowledge of teaching phonics and early mathematics
- To be experienced with supporting children with cognition and learning needs, with specialist skills, knowledge, and training
What we offer you:
- A happy and successful school
- Professional and hard-working staff who go the extra mile for the children
- Happy and confident children who enjoy learning
- A committed and supportive Senior Leadership team and Governing Body
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.