£20,092 per annum (pro rata)
Location: Croft Centre, Ida Darwin, Fulbourn, Cambridge.
Work hours: 24 hours per week, over 5 days (Monday – Friday). Term time only.
We are excited to announce that our teaching and support team is growing!
Pilgrim Pathways School is an Outstanding alternative provision educating children and young people across four centres based in Fulbourn and Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
Pilgrim Pathways School is currently going through some very exciting developments - including a recent name change (formally Pilgrim PRU), new branding and recruitment of a number of new positions. This is a very exciting time for our dynamic and unique school, and for you to join us on our continued journey of delivering excellence in hospital and SEND education.
We are looking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant who will work with our existing team within the Croft Behavioural Unit. The Croft is a Tier 4 assessment unit for young people aged 4–13 with mental health and complex needs who stay residentially with their families/carers.
This is a challenging yet varied and highly rewarding role where you will work under the guidance of the Teacher in Charge to support teaching and learning in the classroom.
- Are you calm, patient and flexible?
- Do you have high expectations of behaviour and achievement?
- Can you demonstrate a high level of skill to support learning?
- Do you have a good sense of humour?
- Are you a team player and able to work positively as part of a wider team?
The successful candidate will be joining our team of passionate, skilled and friendly practitioners who are committed to providing high quality learning opportunities to young people during their time at the Pilgrim Pathways School.
You will need to have an unconditional and positive regard for the well-being of the young people, have a friendly and patient approach and promote the inclusion of all pupils ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- An opportunity to work in a unique educational setting
- A chance to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- A learning community with a strong commitment to CPD
- A dedicated and supportive staff team
- A committed and supportive management committee.
For more information on the school and the role, please visit our website. Alternatively, candidates are welcome to email our Head Teacher, Leah Miller to arrange an informal discussion.
Pilgrim Pathways School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all successful candidates will be expected to have a DBS and other relevant employment checks prior to starting. CVs not accepted.
Closing Date: 9am Wednesday 14th April 2021
Interviews: w/c 19th April 2021 (remotely via Zoom)
Applying for the job
To access the recruitment pack and application form, please visit one of the following:
- Our vacancies section of the school website - https://pilgrim.cambs.sch.uk/vacancies/current-vacancies
More on how to apply
- Our careers page on eTeach and select ‘fast apply’ - https://www.eteach.com/schools/pilgrim-pathways-school-45978