We are looking to recruit a passionate Librarian to join us here at E-ACT West Walsall Academy. The purpose of this role is to promote and manage the use of the library, supporting pupils’ learning and their development into confident, independent readers and supporting whole school literacy aims. Are an experienced Librarian wanting a fresh challenge or a recent English graduate and genuine book worm? This could be the perfect role for you.
Reporting to the Academy’s Literacy Lead, this post holder will be accountable for:
- Ensuring that the Library is stocked with an up-to-date range of relevant books and resources
- Liaising with teaching colleagues regarding their requirements and recommendations
- Developing a purchasing strategy that ensures the library continuously provides high quality, up to date and appropriate resources, both in print and online.
- Ensuring that internet use within the library is safe and suitable for users
- Creating displays that link to what is being taught in school
- Working within the departmental financial budget, ensure value for money from all procured services and supplies in line with E-ACT's Financial Management policies
- Investigating grants/funding available for school library initiatives
- Developing strong and effective partnerships with other schools, local authorities and organisations to further literacy strategies and initiatives within the Academy
- Co-ordinating library lessons and ensuring they are effective for all subjects in the Academy
For a full description of the role, see the job description and person specification.
Salary SCP 9-17- £18,622.56 - £21,819.28 - FTE: 21,269.00 - £24,920.00 - 37 hours per week - Term Time Only plus 1 week
E-ACT West Walsall Academy:
An 11-18 academy in Walsall resolutely focused on improving the life chances of all our students and inspiring them to reach their full potential.
We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons.
Come join our team:
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
Ofsted good/outstanding rated, recognised for helping pupils to progress from often low starting points.
- Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
- Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
- A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee bene fits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
A great place to live and work:
Located just eight miles from Birmingham and six miles from Wolverhampton, Walsall is home to two E-ACT academies in Reedswood E-ACT Academy and West Walsall E-ACT Academy.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
What the trust offers in return:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector -leading work -life balance arrangements.
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and returning our application and equal opportunities form.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.