LSA L3 with some 1:1 responsibility - Fixed Term - July 2023
This job expired on 6 February 2023
6 February 2023 at 9am
2 February 2023
- Fixed term
Full-time equivalent salary
- £13,751.00 to £15,881.00
LSA L3 with some 1:1 responsibility - Fixed Term - July 2023 job summary
E-ACT is a highly successful Multi Academy Trust (MAT), and an exciting opportunity has arisen at Reedswood E-ACT Academy for a Level 3 LSA with 1-1 responsibility - Fixed Term - July 2023. The purpose of this role is to work with teachers to support teaching and learning, providing specialist support to pupils and staff in an aspect of the curriculum, age range or additional needs. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
Previous experience within a school setting as a learning support assistant.
Reporting to the Head of Department or SLT link, this post holder will be accountable for
Support for pupils
- Implement planned learning activities/teacher programmes as agreed with the teacher, adjusting activities according to pupils’ responses as appropriate
- Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate
- Assist with the implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour plans and Personal Care programs under the supervision and guidance of teaching staff
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs
Support for the teacher
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils’ work
- Participate in planning and the evaluation of learning activities with the teacher
- Use strategies, under the supervision and guidance of the teacher, to support pupils to achieve learning goals
- Monitor pupil response to learning activities and accurately record achievement and progress as directed
Support for the curriculum
- Support learning by arranging/providing resources for lessons/activities under the direction of the teacher
- Undertake programmes linked to local and national learning strategies e.g., literacy, numeracy, recording achievement and progress and feeding back to the teacher
25 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
SCP 9-17 £13,721 - £15,881
FTE: £23,194 - £26,845
This role is fixed term until July 2023 due to funding.
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and returning our application and equal opportunities form.
What you will get in return
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
Come and join our team
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- Committed to staff development through E-ACT's professional learning programme in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
- Leading the way in your mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
- A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee benefits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
Encompassing 28 Academies spanning the length breath of the country. Our hopes and aspirations of every one of our pupils is the same. By encouraging them to Think Big and believe that anything is possible, by showing them the importance of Team Spirit and by teaching them to carefully think through their decisions to do The Right Thing, we know that every one of our pupils can realise their potential with us.
Our community includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country
A great place to live and work
Located just eight miles from Birmingham and six miles from Wolverhampton, Walsall is home to three E-ACT academies.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
About Reedswood E-ACT Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 2 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 491 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Reedswood E-ACT Academy website (opens in new tab)
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Walsall and West Midlands