Fixed Contract to 31 August 2024.
Salary: Scale 5 pt 5 £27,687 (actual pro rata salary £24,426). Point range 5 - 13
Location: Wembley, London
Nearest Tube station: Wembley Park (Jubilee/Metropolitan)
Start date: 8 January 2024
Deadline: 8:00am Monday 18 December 2023
Interviews: will be arranged on an ongoing basis. The school reserves the right to close this advert early and interviews may take place before the advertised closing date. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early for this role to avoid disappointment.
Ofsted: Outstanding (2022)
Opportunity to join an ‘Outstanding’ all-through academy specialising in mathematics and citizenship.
Ark Academy is an all-through school in Wembley Park, set against the backdrop of the iconic Wembley Stadium, with excellent transport links
About the role:
At Ark Secondary, we are currently seeking a Learning Support & Speech and Language Assistant (referred to as an LSA), who will provide specific and direct support to children with Special Educational needs or a Disability (SEND), ensuring that these children make good progress in Speech and Language Therapy out of class Interventions, as well as the mainstream curriculum in the classroom. Line Managed by the SENCo and working alongside class teachers and Speech and Language Therapists to provide in-class support and small-group interventions in Key Stage 3, 4 and 5. Receiving regular Speech and Language Therapy training, there will be an opportunity to grow and direct your professional development into a specialism. This role requires a flexible approach, good organisational and administrative skills.
As a member of Ark Academy, you will receive support and professional development geared towards excellence.
The ideal candidate will:
· Have a calm and patient manner and nurturing approach are essential to the role.
· A good understanding of the academy’s teaching and learning behaviour policies are desirable, and specific training will be provided to support you I the role.
· Be able to liaise effectively, both orally and in writing, with SENCo, class teachers, Speech & Language Therapists and parents.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- become part of a team of an ‘Outstanding’ all-through academy
- join a highly successful Maths team that has an exceptional track record for training and developing teachers and a large cohort of 6th form taking Maths
- Access continuous staff development. We have a minimum of 10 training days and weekly in school sessions of a high standard. We strongly support NPQML, NPQSL and Lead Practitioner course.
- join the Ark network and have access to a range of benefits including professional development opportunities, reduced gym membership and large retail discounts
- As a member of Ark Academy, you will receive extensive professional development geared towards excellence. Weekly sessions designed by those who understand the context of the school, are ensured to cater for our teachers’ every need. In addition, the school provides continual support and career progression. Numerous comprehensive training programmes are available to our staff from NQTs to aspiring middle and senior leaders.
- Our successful behaviour policies treat student behaviour not as the responsibility of individual teachers, but of the entire school. This ensures as a teacher at Ark Academy, your time is never wasted dealing with discipline. Our students know what is expected of them, allowing both students and teachers to focus on learning.
View the candidate information pack here
Click here to find out more about the benefits of working for Ark Academy.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit www.arkacademy.org/vacancies and submit an application. Previous applicants need not apply.
For an informal, confidential discussion, please contact Makayla Carty, SENCo on 020 8385 4370 or via email at email@example.com
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred.
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.