We are looking for a Lunchtime Supervisor to join our dedicated team. The role is primarily to provide a safe environment for the children and to be responsible for supervising and assisting them over the lunchtime period.
This will include:
- Setting up of the hall and diner ready for lunch, which includes putting out tables and benches
- Supervision of the children while eating
- Clearing away of tables, benches and cleaning up the hall
- Supervision of the children at playtime, including playing and leading games with the children and supporting them to resolve issues
- Ensuring children are actively occupied during wet playtimes
The successful candidate will have:
- Good communication and listening skills
- An interest in working with and interacting with children
- The ability to work as part of a team
- An awareness of child protection issues
- An ability to problem-solve and communicate adequately concerning issues with staff and children.
We can offer you:
- Well motivated children and supportive families
- An enthusiastic, friendly and dedicated staff
- A driven and determined SLT
- Loyal Governors
- A chance to work as part of our self-created Multi Academy Trust: Pathfinder Schools
We are proud of Hawthorn Community Primary School and welcome visits from prospective applicants. Visits can be arranged by contacting the school business manager, Jo Marshall, on 01536 512204.
Hawthorn Safeguarding Policies and Procedures are available on their website, which can be accessed at the following web address :
Being part of Pathfinder Schools offers a fantastic opportunity to develop yourself, as a Trust we actively encourage collaboration and the sharing of good practice; we believe that by developing a love of learning and having the highest expectations, all members of the Pathfinder Schools community can achieve and inspire greatness.
Pathfinder Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS, Reference, Identity, Criminal Record and Medical Checks are mandatory for all posts within Pathfinder Schools.
As part of our rigorous Safer Recruitment process, Pathfinder Schools has adopted the practice of online searches for external shortlisted candidates. The purpose of the search is to enable us to fulfil our duty under Keeping Children Safe in Education and is part of our due diligence to identify any incidents or issues that have happened, and are publicly available online, which we may need to discuss with you during interview.
Therefore, if you are shortlisted for a role, an appropriate online search will be undertaken on your name(s). Consent to an online search is included in the Pathfinder Schools application form. Searches are based on publicly available information, therefore where your profiles are private or are locked, no further search will be required on these pages. Any information given will be treated as confidential and will only be used in relation to the post for which you have applied.
Pathfinder Schools is passionate about its values of Aspiration, Responsibility and Courage, we believe that when people feel respected and included, they can be more creative, innovative, and successful. We are committed to an inclusive workforce that represents many different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our colleagues, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, ethnicity, age, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. While we have more work to do to advance diversity and inclusion, we’re committed to moving our Trust and the education sector forward.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Please complete the online application.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.