Duties and Responsibilities include:
· To praise and reward children’s positive behaviour and follow the school agreed rules and behaviour systems
· To model standard spoken English and appropriate social skills during meal-times
· To report to the teacher on duty any incidents: -
- Where pupils have acted in a manner deemed to be a danger to themselves and others
- Where pupils have acted in an inconsiderate or discourteous manner
- Where pupils have disobeyed the rules
· To set up hall with tables and chairs prior to children arriving
· To supervise pupils in the dinner queue and ensure pupils line up in an orderly fashion
· To assist during the mealtime, serving water, opening cartons and packets etc.
· To supervise table manners for all children and encourage children to eat their lunch
· To deal with spillages that occur in the dining room.
· Clean dining room furniture and put away tables and chairs
· To report any accidents and request assistance from the school’s first aider as required
· To co-ordinate the supervision of children after lunch and during the lunch break, either in the playground or on school premises, including wet day activities
· To organise children in playground and ensure good social skills, turn-taking, fair play etc.
In return we can offer you:
A positive ethos and truly amazing children who always aim for the top
A vibrant and diverse school community
Friendly, supportive colleagues who are committed
to continuous improvement
A warm, caring and supportive environment
Our school vision is:
Aim for the Top
Enjoy, Respect, Achieve
Lumbertubs Primary is a caring school where learners, parents, staff and the wider community are welcomed, valued and respected. We provide a happy, safe, exciting learning environment where children develop a love of learning. At Lumbertubs Primary School we believe every child is entitled to become a confident and independent learner who is equipped with the skills to lead a successful and rewarding life. Learners at Lumbertubs enjoy challenge, are determined to succeed and are proud of their achievements
The post is subject to suitable references and an enhanced DBS check. Lumbertubs Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
We would love to meet you & show you around our school. Please contact the school on 01604 408147 to speak to the Headteacher about the role or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 4th October2023. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 11th October 2023.
Lumbertubs Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including: an enhanced DBS, references and the right to work in the UK.
This job post has expired.