Main Scale Teacher
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational Class Teacher to join our friendly and forward thinking school.
The successful candidate will be committed to inspiring our children to be the very best they can be, providing them with an engaging, compassionate and creative curriculum experience and ensuring that our children are at the heart of all they do.
As a highly effective practitioner, you will share our vision of high aspirations and a passion for learning.
This role is a part time 2.5 day or 2 days for the right candidate could be discussed, fixed term position with a Year 4 class, for one and a half terms in the first instance.
We are looking for someone who:
• Can bring out the best in children and make learning fun
• Is able to create exciting and challenging learning opportunities
• Has a current understanding of curriculum innovation
• Demonstrates strong subject knowledge
• Develops within our children thinking and enquiring minds with a spirit of curiosity
• Is able to foster a caring ethos in which children build compassion, kindness and respect for one another
• Is committed to working closely with the school community
• Is able to meet the differing needs of children
We can offer you:
• a supportive leadership team with a proven track record of whole school improvement
• opportunities to lead in a curriculum area
• opportunities to network, moderate with and work with other teachers in the Trust
• an innovative and creative approach to school improvement
You will need to demonstrate the following:
• Proven track record of creative and engaging teaching which leads to outstanding outcomes for children regardless of their starting point
• Ability to use a wide range of teaching strategies to inspire children so that they are highly engaged in their learning
• Significant contribution to raising standards of pupil achievement
• A clear philosophy and understanding of how children learn
• Excellent behaviour management skills and a positive approach to discipline
• Excellent subject knowledge, especially in English and Maths
• Commitment to working as part of a team
• Willingness to go the extra mile to support our children and their families
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring service check is required for this post prior to commencement.
CVs will not be accepted as a method of application. Please ensure a Trust application form is completed and uploaded from the school website.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
See Person Specification
About The Vaynor First School
- Tennyson Road, Redditch, Worcestershire, B97 5BL
- The Vaynor First School website (opens in a new window)