We are looking
to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who will work as part
of the College community and wider Federation network, working with the
students in our new targeted provision, providing the support they need to succeed.
The vacancy will be based in our targeted mainstream provision, however, the
postholder will need to interact and work with our wider school and Federation
ourselves on supporting colleagues to develop their knowledge and practice through
offering specialised training and development routes. Many of our staff have
been able to progress in their career whilst working at the College and Eskdale
applications from candidates who have a passion for supporting students in
their education with individual needs and who wish to work in a setting which
offers rewards and challenges, where no two days are the same.
be required to have relevant experience and qualifications to support the
students in this targeted provision in their teaching and learning and wider
development. The Lead Teacher must hold
Qualified Teacher Status and have suitable past experience and appropriate
qualifications or knowledge to be able to effectively support students with
differing SEND needs. While each post is different, we are looking for the
following for this post:
- Have suitable previous experience in working
with children and young people, with a passion for developing their
practice and knowledge further to best support the students in the
- Be able to support in the delivery of high-quality
learning experiences for all students.
- Be supportive, nurturing and understanding.
- Seek to make learning exciting and a positive
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Demonstrate good communication skills both orally
and in writing
experience of working with children with SEND and ideally those with autism
and communication difficulties.
flexible and adaptable as every day will be different.
a good sense of humour and be approachable and friendly.
Lead Teacher must have a working understanding of the SEND Code of
We can offer
- A caring environment where we value our community ethos.
- An enthusiastic and dedicated team of staff to work
- A Federation with unique and inspiring learning
- An opportunity to work with an experienced and
committed team and to join a team of staff who are determined to help each
student to succeed.
- A Federation at the very heart of the
transformation that is taking place in our coastal area.
Join us and develop
your career in a provision that you can feel passionate about.
This job post has expired.