- Fixed term (January 2023)
Full-time equivalent salary
- £20,024 - £27,858 per annum (depending on experience) Grade 4 - 7
Marketing and Community Engagement Officer job summary
We are looking for an individual who wants to be part of a small dynamic marketing and communications team, with a creative and pro-active approach. The Marketing & Campaign apprentice will champion, pupil recruitment, lettings, school events and school PR.
Your duties and responsibilities
· Organise regular virtual and or face-to-face open day events across an identified number of AST schools
· Manage communications between prospective parents and the schools in relation to in-year admissions and co-ordinated admissions
· To create and identify opportunities to engage with the local community, parents, businesses, charities and schools
· To develop marketing content and collateral working with the schools and central marketing team
· Support with the organisation of Trust-wide events and retreats.
· To develop the lettings across schools through developing partnerships with local organisations
· To manage the relationships with key external community stakeholders and clients
Writing compelling copy/content (internal and external) and creation of marketing collateral, such as emails, brochures, videos and press ads, to promote our proposition.
Direct input into and management of our marketing/campaign plan.
· Liaising with the trade press, media, design and print agencies.
· Updating and maintaining the schools’ websites and social media platforms
· Building effective stakeholder relationships and regular stakeholder liaison to plan proactive content/marketing campaigns; ensuring all parties are kept informed throughout the campaign and post-activation.
· Managing the logistics of engagement events around the country (booking venues, catering etc., managing invitations and registration, collating content)
· Drafting copy for a wide range of external audiences
· Contract management with regards to events and lettings
· Ensuring all safeguarding requirements are met for lettings and events
• Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. In making your application, it is essential you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
• Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
• We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity and access for all, irrespective of age, background, race, gender, religion, ability, disability or sexuality. We welcome applications for employment from the whole community.
• CV’s will also be accepted, and candidates must fill in the application forms if they progress to the next stage. Application forms can be downloaded at www.avanti.org.uk/careers
and must be submitted to email@example.com once fully completed. The successful candidate will be required to sign the application declaration on appointment.
• Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.