- Maternity or parental leave cover (Maternity)
Maternity Cover - Teacher of MFL (French and Spanish) job summary
Pedmore High School are recruiting a Teacher of MFL (French and Spanish). This is a temporary role to provide maternity cover to start in September 2022.
We are a Multi Academy Trust comprising of six secondary schools and one primary school with over 750 employees and over 5,500 students, based in Dudley, West Midlands.
• Are you an outstanding teacher with an expertise in raising student attainment?
• Are you passionate about teaching and learning and in improving every student’s life chances?
• Do you have an eye for detail, a good work-ethic and a strong sense of humour?
• You will be an outstanding teacher and have a proven track record of having significant impact in your current post. You must have the drive and intent to secure outstanding results through creative and innovative approaches. Enthusiastic, positive and determined, the successful applicant will be skilled at leading change and ensuring success.
• We offer you an exciting challenge to build upon the great progress that has been made to raise attainment and develop an aspirational culture. We have a strong team ethos within the school with a relentless focus on teaching and learning. You will be joining a welcoming staff, a very warm school and one which is happy in its aspiration to achieve excellence for all.
You will need;
• To be a graduate
• To have Qualified Teacher Status
• Experience of teaching French and Spanish - Years 7 to 11 and a range of abilities
• A Commitment to challenging students to reach the highest possible standards
To arrange a visit or if you require any further information please contact Mrs A Cherrington – Headteacher’s PA via email at email@example.com or call on 01384 686711
Closing Date: 12 pm Friday 1st July 2022
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
We are deeply committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and expect all Staff and Volunteers to share this commitment. All necessary Safeguarding checks will be undertaken which must have satisfactory outcomes, otherwise the conditional job offer may be withdrawn. Details of the checks that will be undertake can be found at: Keeping Children Safe in Education, 2021- KCSIE 2021
This role has been assessed as working in regulated activity and is subject to an Enhanced DBS plus Children’s Barred List Check.
It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020). This means that certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website:
Rehabilitation of Offenders 1974 (2020)
Positions at the school are exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to a post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). DBS Filtering guidance can be found on the GOV.UK website.
DBS Filtering Guidance
As a Trust we are committed to ensuring that throughout our recruitment and selection process, no applicant will be disadvantaged or discriminated against because of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010.
Applying for the job
Apply via TESMore on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
Download an application form - 800 KB