Will consider full-time, part-time
Fixed term (One year)
£30,000 pro rata
We seek a person with a strong postgraduate qualification in mathematics (or a closely aligned subject) who shares our commitment to high academic standards. A teaching qualification is not necessarily required for this post, but a passion and aptitude for teaching and imparting knowledge is essential. The successful applicant will be instrumental in preparing our most able mathematicians for entry to competitive university courses in addition to some whole-class teaching.
• The opportunity to gain experience of teaching and working with young people in one of the country’s leading sixth form schools.
• A culture of professional trust and collegiate working that promotes autonomy, innovation, and rigour.
• Access to an outstanding package of regular, high-quality continuous professional development and support.
• A modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station.
• Collaborative working with our world-class partner schools: Brighton College, Caterham School, Eton College, Forest School, Highgate School and UCS Hampstead.
• Staff benefits including Cycle Scheme, Tech Scheme and discounted local gym memberships.
Applying for the job
Please submit an online application and covering letter via the TES website no later than 9.00am on Monday 17 May 2021. The letter of application should be a maximum of two A4 sides demonstrating your suitability for the post.
LAE reserves the right to appoint ahead of the deadline.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening, including an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.