An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and innovative Mathematics Lead Practitioner to join our team at Pendle Education Trust, based at Colne Primet Academy. This is a particularly exciting time to join the Trust; as we go through many positive changes with a real emphasis on differentiation and student success.
Working for an Academy Trust that’s sponsored by Nelson and Colne College, an Outstanding local education provider; this is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and determined teacher to join an establishment where they can have a real impact on student aspirations and success.
Delivering 11-16 Mathematics provision, the ideal candidate will be a dynamic practitioner who promotes and upholds the same high expectations as the Trust and its students. With a focus on sharing good practice, they will be committed to their own continuous professional development, and will engage enthusiastically with our quality processes to ensure that our students receive an outstanding experience.
Pendle Education Trust offers unparalleled staff benefits including fantastic professional development opportunities. Championing success and building student confidence, this post offers a real opportunity for someone with contagious enthusiasm to inspire, and make a difference.
Mathematics Lead Practitioner
Key duties include:
- Developing and implementing Teaching and Learning initiatives and strategies throughout the Curriculum Area and academy which raise the teaching practice of all members of staff and therefore raise student standards and progress.
- To be a model of excellent practice, maintaining a clear focus on outstanding delivery to learners ensuring a centre of best practice and excellence
- To take a lead role, working closely with the senior leadership team and other leading practitioners in developing, implementing and evaluating policies and practice that lead to school improvement
- To undertake research into best practice in other schools
- To research and evaluate innovative curricular practices and draw on research outcomes and other sources of external evidence to inform own practice and that of colleagues
The ideal candidate will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status with substantial experience of teaching Mathematics at secondary level
- A degree in a relevant subject area.
- Successful teaching experience in a relevant subject area.
- Thorough knowledge of the National Curriculum and changes in GCSE specifications as a result of GCSE reform.
- Experience of working in partnership with parents/carers to facilitate effective links between home and school
Job Details – Subject to experience, ideally full time but this can be flexible
Salary – Lead Practitioner pay range 1
Closing Date: Monday 10th October 2022
Interview Date: week commencing Monday 17th October
Start Date: January 2023 or as soon as possible
To apply for this role please visit https://careers.pendleeducationtrust.co.uk/job/mathematics-lead-practitioner-2/