This job expired on 28 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
28 March 2023 at 9am
15 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time position
Full-time equivalent salary
- Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £32,407 to £48,055 per year (full-time equivalent)
What skills and experience we're looking for
Our boys buck the national gender trends for success in English. Our progress measures at GCSE (compared to boys and girls) are exceptional for both English language and English literature and outstrip national data sets. Many students continue their studies at Advanced level in our mixed Sixth Form. Our recent independent review by ‘Challenge Partners’ classified the English department as a national “area of excellence” with a specific expertise in teaching boys.
We offer a supportive and invigorating
environment which is brilliantly led and in which the current staff are
passionate about delivering a creative and engaging curriculum offer. You will
be working with an excellent team of practitioners with a passion for ensuring
that our students achieve and attain their very best.
We are looking for the following skills / abilities:
- Ability to ensure the safety and well-being of students at all times
- Ability to plan and evaluate your work with a view to improving school standards and attainment
- Ability to maintain records of pupil progress and achievements in order to provide evidence of work, progress and attainment over time
- Basic understanding and competence in ICT
- Work effectively as part of a team; developing positive relationships with colleagues, students, parents/carers and other agencies as appropriate
- Can work collaboratively with specialist teachers and other colleagues to enhance students’ learning
- Possess good organisational skills
- Set high expectations for student behaviour and establish a clear framework for classroom discipline, which promotes self-control and independence whilst managing student’s behaviour constructively
- To provide opportunities for students to develop awareness of cross-curricular themes and key skills
- Energy and enthusiasm for the education of young people
- Ability to utilise an effective range of teaching and learning styles
- Ability to create a learning environment that values all students equally and enables all to achieve
What the school offers its staff
We recognise that our staff are our greatest resource. Therefore, we are ambitious for our staff and invest heavily in their development. We offer an extensive programme of professional development with a range of opportunities for training, including internally and through local and national programmes. We have strong partnerships with universities and higher education institutions and actively support staff pursuing heavily subsidised Masters degrees and other higher qualifications. There will also be opportunities for internal promotion and to chances to collaborate within our local partnership of schools.
You are very welcome to arrange to visit us and to experience why we are such a successful school and a fantastic place to develop your career.
Amongst other benefits, we offer:
- Working with dynamic, innovative and supportive colleagues, and in a school where student behaviour is described as “outstanding”.
- Induction into the school, a continuing professional development schemes and carefully considered succession planning.
- Superb ICT facilities and the free use of a laptop.
- Investment in staff physical and mental health through a subscription to APL Health.
- The opportunity to work with colleagues from a range of external partnerships.
- A chef-led canteen service.
- Access to schemes such as: childcare vouchers; cycle to work and free flu jabs.
A full list of Our Benefits can be found on the school website.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Isleworth and Syon School for Boys
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1107 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 020 8568 5791
We are an 11-18 boys' school with a mixed sixth form.
Arranging a visit to Isleworth and Syon School for Boys
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Sir John Lawes School
Manland Way, Harpenden, Hertfordshire, AL5 4QP
The Brittons Academy
Ford Lane, Rainham, Essex, RM13 7BB
Teacher of Economics and Mathematics
Mossbourne Community Academy
100 Downs Park Road, London, E5 8JY
London Design and Engineering UTC
15 University Way, London, E16 2RD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed