This is a crucial departmental leadership position of responsibility: the person appointed will provide academic and pedagogical leadership of the department and will work closely with the Senior Leadership team as part of our commitment to putting ‘Students First’. You will be an inspiring leader with the energy and creativity to lead and motivate a team. You must possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students.
The Maths department at Outwood Academy Ormesby consists of a great variety of dedicated teachers with a wealth of experience. Senior Leaders, a Second in Department and experienced colleagues with additional responsibilities in the department, such as Progress Leader of Mathematics and SEND in Maths. We also look forward to welcoming a new ECT colleague to the department in Easter term.
You will be an excellent teacher with the experience to deliver in KS3 & 4. You will also have the leadership qualities to challenge individuals within your team whilst supporting them to achieve outstanding results. We are committed to delivering the best possible mathematics curriculum and the Head of Department will be working strategically with Directors of Mathematics, a network of outstanding Heads of Mathematics and Senior Leaders across the Family of Schools.
There are significant opportunities for your own continuing professional development through the Trust should you wish for either Senior Leadership in school or becoming a Director of Mathematics across a number of academies within the Family. Here, there is the opportunity for you, longer term, to develop your mathematics leadership skills and have a wider impact supporting a larger number of colleagues and students.
The Yorkshire and Humber Maths Hub is led within the Outwood Institute of Education by our Executive Director of Maths, Kathryn Greenhalgh. The Hub runs a variety of highly successful CPD programmes that you can participate in yourself or get involved with facilitating. There are amazing opportunities to contribute to the improvement of mathematics right across the Yorkshire and Humber region.
Outwood Grange Academies Trust supports colleagues by funding an extensive range of accredited training courses and apprenticeship opportunities up to Masters level. We also offer:
- Your starting salary plus annual inflation linked increases. The starting salary will be dependent on experience.
- We follow the principles of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document
- You will be automatically enrolled into the generous Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Pay progression happens automatically on the anniversary of the target period appropriate to your role
- Flexible family friendly policies from day one
- We have our own Workload Charter and are committed to ensuring that Teachers’ workloads are manageable
- All teachers receive an allotted minimum of two hours CPD each week
- Access to centralised resources to support with lesson planning and reducing workload
- Comprehensive induction and training process
You will also be automatically enrolled into our Employee Assistance Programme which gives you and your family members free access to:
- Specialist information on a wide range of work-life issues
- Emotional support and counselling for a wide range of personal and work issues
- Legal guidance
- Financial guidance and debt counselling
- Child and dependent care support and advice
- Support for managers
We are also a wellbeing employer with a dedicated wellbeing policy and menopause policy, along with menopause champions based in our academies. Other benefits include:
- Free flu vaccinations
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts such as competitively priced Synergy Car Leasing
- Access to various discount sites
Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments are made in accordance with safer recruitment practices and the statutory guidance in Keeping Children Safe in Education. Online checks will be carried out on all shortlisted candidates, and all appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and checks regarding suitability to work with children.
This job post has expired.