This job expired on 8 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
8 February 2023 at 12pm (midday)
26 January 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full Time Working Hours
Full-time equivalent salary
- 28,000 to 43,685
What skills and experience we're looking for
It is expected that the successful teacher will be committed and demonstrate strong emotionalintelligence, whilst also upholding the following qualities:
1. Strong subject knowledge and a passion for sharing it in the classroom.
2. A genuine like of children and the patience required to make them succeed.
3. Ability to plan good lessons in response to the strengths and weaknesses of the students.
4. Ability to lead a class well, developing strong norms and expectations.
5. Participation in regular professional development to attune classroom practice.
6. Promote high expectations for all students in your care.
7. Ability to inspire and motivate the students to believe in themselves and apply effort to
8. Accept feedback from more experienced staff and act on it, whilst refusing to accept low
performance from students.
9. Desire to participate in our accelerated promotion opportunities.
10. Be prepared to go the extra mile when required.
What the school offers its staff
King’s Bolton is seeking to appoint an ambitiousand enthusiastic teacher to the Maths department. We are looking for someone who is an excellent classroom practitioner, who empowers others, who values individuals and has demonstrable credibility established through previous impact.
King’s Leadership Academy Bolton is located close tothe centre of Bolton with good access to both the M6 and M62.
Class sizes at the school are below average and every student has access to a personal computer tablet. Innovation is one of our strengths, which supports our modern approach to education alongside our commitment to the highest expectations.
King’s is a vibrant and diverse school which enjoys astrong sense of community among both staff and students. This position is available due to the school expanding, we now wish to appoint an ambitious, highly motivated individual who loves their subject and shares our vision for making all students successful citizens in tomorrow’s world.
Further details about the role
• A good degree in the taught subject area.
• Be passionate about their subject.
• Share and uphold the beliefs of King’s Bolton by
espousing strong moral values.
• Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which
provides students with the opportunity to succeed and
reach their potential.
• Be prepared to deliver lessons which are consistently
of a high standard.
• Be committed to your own professional development
and the application of learning theories in the
• Never accept excuses for poor performance
in your classroom.
Teaching & Learning
• Undertake an appropriate programme of teaching at
• Use your additional non-contact time to observe other
colleagues and check student work on-site to support
you work life balance.
• Assist in the development of appropriate learning
plans, resources, schemes of work and teaching
strategies in your curriculum/subject area.
• Contribute to the curriculum area you teach and
support the departments development plan as required
by your lead practitioner.
• Attend appropriate meetings and training.
• Work harmoniously with other colleagues, treating
others how you would like to be treated yourself.
• Teach students according to their educational needs,
including the setting of work and providing feedback
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About King's Leadership Academy Bolton
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 539 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Welcome to King’s Leadership Academy Bolton, a non-selective free independent school in the state sector that is providing a world class education for the young people of Great Lever. King’s is founded on international research and traditional values with a huge focus on leadership and academic development. Our vision is “To develop in each of our student the academic skills, intellectual habits, qualities of character and leadership traits necessary to succeed at all levels and become successful citizens in tomorrow’s world”. At King’s we believe every child can succeed and that great teaching is the key to that success. This sentiment is reflected in our motto, ‘Credimus’, which translated from Latin literally means we believe. We believe in appointing only the very best teachers and staff who are committed to serving the students and parents of this community. We believe in having the highest expectations of ourselves and our students as well as accepting no excuses for underperformance. We believe that our school exists to shape the life chances of all our students in order that they can attend the best Universities or places of employment in the years to come. We believe in fully supporting our students throughout their education. King’s is unique, in that we have developed a highly personalised approach to our provision and teaching. Our smaller class sizes and year groups afford us tremendous opportunities to truly nurture and develop the academic and creative talents in all our students.
Arranging a visit to King's Leadership Academy Bolton
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
St Michael's Church of England High School
St Michael's Road, Crosby, L23 7UL
Buile Hill Academy
Eccles Old Road, Salford, Greater Manchester, M6 8RD
Didsbury High School
4 The Avenue, Manchester, M20 2ET
Springfield Road, Bolton, Lancashire, BL4 8HY
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bolton and Greater Manchester