For a January 2020 start, we are seeking a well-qualified, suitably experienced and enthusiastic Maths teacher, keen to work with our Maths and Opening Minds teams to achieve excellent outcomes for all our students in KS4 and KS5 . You will be joining a well-resourced, strong department with a relentless focus on developing an effective academic curriculum and raising attainment in maths to recruit to our successful Post 16. You will be joining a forward-thinking school that values the professional development and well-being of its staff.
The successful candidate must be:
- Able to teach Maths KS4 and KS5
- Excited about contributing to the development of Teaching & Learning in our Maths team,
- Committed to making a difference to the lives of pupils,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues,
- Values driven and
- Someone who can forge positive relationships with students to encourage great learning.
Essential educational requirements
Good Degree with Maths as the main strand.
Recent teaching experience with Secondary aged pupils in Maths.
Evidence of successful experience in secondary schools.
Essential skills and experience
• The ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff.
• The ability to work as a member of a team.
• The ability to handle potentially difficult situations sensitively.
• An appreciation of the importance of establishing and developing a good professional working relationship with pupils parents and where appropriate with Governors, the local community, partner schools and other external agencies.
• The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form.
• The ability to meet deadlines.
• The ability to teach Maths effectively KS4 and KS5
• Competence in the use of ICT as a tool to enhance teaching and learning.
• A willingness to contribute to subject, faculty and whole school developments.
• A commitment to put into effect the school's policies and objectives and to support its aims.
- A positive and innovative learning culture, where well-being and workload are effectively managed,
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations of and aspirations for all of our students,
- A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace,
- PiXL network access, developing new ideas and strategies to impact on student learning and
- A number of additional benefits including a fantastic internal CPD programme built into directed time - fostering excellence in teaching and learning, a personal laptop, free parking, and a vibrant modern building and facilities in a beautiful location, beside a nature reserve, within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
About Whitley Academy
When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site they belong to the Whitley Academy community. In our community, we are proud of our school and are committed to supporting all staff and students to be the best they can be.
- Abbey Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 4BD
- Whitley Academy website (opens in a new window)