This job expired on 20 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
20 February 2023 at 9am
7 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Permanent
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Do you passionately believe that all young people need to be mathematically fluent to navigate the world around them?
- Can you inspire students to have an enquiring mathematical mind?
- Are you ambitious for yourself and others to excel?
What the school offers its staff
- Bespoke CPD, whether you are an ECT or an experienced teacher - we firmly believe 'better never stops'
- A supportive team of departmental colleagues who involve themselves fully in the pastoral and social life of the school
- The opportunity to join a committed team of staff who believe that teaching is a great profession, and who challenge each other to excel
Further details about the role
would like to explore possibilities to teach beyond Mathematics should
indicate this on their application form; the transferability of knowledge and
skills between Mathematics, Computer Science and Science is well-established at
The department has a strong record of success, and 2021/22 progress was
in line with national. Strong relationships and collaborative planning are
significant features of the department.
Uptake at A Level is very strong, an indicator of the engagement in learning instilled in students throughout KS3 and KS4. Candidates with the experience of, or desire to teach A Level, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Should you decide that you would like to join the staff
team here at Brimsham, challenging and supporting our learners, then we look
forward to reading your completed application form.
In addition to your application form please also include a formal letter addressing the following points (this should not exceed two sides of A4):
1) How you differentiate for the needs of students when they are taught in ability groups and what evidence you have that your approaches are having the desired impact.
2) How you support students not making sufficient progress, particularly those who are less able mathematicians.
We value diversity in our workforce and applications are encouraged from all sections of the community regardless of gender, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age or sexual orientation.
The closing date for this post is 9:00 a.m. on Monday 20 February. If you have not heard from us by Friday 24 February then you should assume that unfortunately you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Brimsham Green School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 892 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Brimsham Green School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01454 868888
A mixed comprehensive school, maintained by South Gloucestershire LA. Situated in large, well-maintained school grounds in Yate (a 30 minute commute from central Bristol). Brimsham Green was inspected by Ofsted in May 2019 and was judged to be 'Good' in all areas. Ofsted noted that leaders are 'resolute in their ambition to improve standards but are mindful of staff's well-being so that they can fulfil their roles effectively'. Ofsted commented that our students' behaviour is good and that the learning environment is "positive and conducive to learning".
Arranging a visit to Brimsham Green School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Kingsbury Green Academy
White Horse Way, Calne, Wiltshire, SN11 8YH
Thomas Keble School
Eastcombe, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6 7DY
Corn Gastons, Malmesbury, Wiltshire, SN16 0DF
The Kings of Wessex Academy
Station Road, Cheddar, Somerset, BS27 3AQ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bristol