Leeds East Academy is a diverse and vibrant school community which has recently been judged as ‘Good’ across all areas of the Ofsted framework. In the Ofsted report inspectors commented; 'Leaders' aspirations for the school are high. They are determined that all of their pupils, regardless of background, will achieve as highly as possible. Leaders have created an ambitious and optimistic culture across the school'. Over the last 3 years three years the school has been on a rapid journey of improvement securing a progress 8 score in 2018 in line with the national average. Housed within a state-of-the-art new school building, Leeds East Academy is now the premier choice of school for families in the local area. Leeds East Academy is also a highly desirable and dynamic world-class establishment for ambitious education professionals, who will be joining one of the most productive, supportive and talented leadership teams in the country.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious teacher of Mathematics to join our passionate team. We are committed to ensuring all students continue to achieve beyond their potential. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join a department dedicated to improving outcomes, aspirations and life chances of young people.
The Mathematics Team at Leeds East Academy has a wide range of experience and skills. The department works collaboratively to develop both learning experiences and professional growth. Staff at all levels feel well developed by both our departmental and whole school CPD programmes.
At Leeds East Academy we are committed to ensuring success for all by improving every student’s resilience, understanding and confidence in Mathematics. From year 7 students follow a mastery curriculum; developing fluency, reasoning and problem solving and use mathematical reasoning to strengthen conceptual understanding. The average class size is 20 students to support our commitment to personalised learning. All classrooms have interactive whiteboards and we use Hegarty Maths to support independent learning.
Essential educational requirements
Good Degree in relevant subject
PGCE or Equivalent
QTS - The post is suitable for NQT candidates
Essential skills and experience
• Recent, relevant classroom practice
• Evidence of working with young people effectively
• Successful contributions to team work
• Teach to a high standard across all key stages, using professional links to the industry as applicable
• Good all round ICT skills
• Be able to reach a consistently good standard of teaching
• Be resilient, reliable, in good health, and possess a sense of humour
• Ability to use progress data of students to benchmark, track and raise attainment of students for whom responsible
• Knowledge, understanding and commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion informed by practical experience and application
• Knowledge, understanding and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students
• Enhanced DBS Check
About Leeds East Academy
- South Parkway, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS14 6TY
- Leeds East Academy website (opens in a new window)