The vision is for the Maths department to be outstanding; where students’ are challenged, engaged and successful and teaching is relevant, exciting, innovative and transformational. A beacon of good practice and a leader in raising standards, attainment and innovation.
Our key aims are: • To develop proficiency in all areas of numeracy including problem solving, verbal reasoning, reading and communicating mathematically; functional and creative skills; • To provide a varied and stimulating curriculum which responds to the needs of students and develops their knowledge of the world in which we live. • To encourage creativity and experimentation with mathematical language and confidence in communication of ideas. • To develop a culture whereby students are able and willing to tackle mathematical problems in unfamiliar contexts
Outwood Academy City offers:
- The opportunity to work and progress across the Family of Schools.
- The chance to apply for leadership roles in the Deeps working across the whole Academy.
- The support and expertise of our Directors of Maths working across the Family of Schools.
- A full and detailed programme of support and development for ECTs.
- A further comprehensive programme of professional development is provided through the Outwood Institute of Education (formerly the teaching school).
We believe that all teaching and support staff posts within our Family of Schools are key posts in terms of supporting student success and achievement across a broad range of subjects and experiences. As such we are keen to recruit dedicated and ambitious professionals who will add value to our Academy in both academic terms and through involvement in the fabric of learning and success beyond the classroom.
The Academy benefits from being part of the Outwood Family of Schools, which affords opportunities for staff to work and progress across several schools if desired. All staff are guaranteed a minimum of two hours CPD per week and a further comprehensive programme of professional development is provided through our own network of teaching schools. Our Executive Director for Maths leads the Yorkshire and the Humber MathsHub and there are masses of opportunities for you to get involved in the fantastic projects they run.
This job post has expired.