Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
We require an ambitious, dedicated and successful mathematics expert to join our award-winning Trust based in the North West.
Here we all lead to secure the best Learning, Innovation and Opportunity, and we seek those who have determination for success, a thirst for continued learning and a drive to be relentlessly ambitious for the students and communities they serve. Here we make a difference and transform lives.
Here we Unlock Potential.
QUEST is seeking a specialist Mathematician for a friendly, forward-thinking and innovative school and college seeking to expand its successful Mathematics Department. The school is a growing 11 - 19 Academy and UCS.
As Pearson’s National Silver Award winner for Digital Innovator of the Year, the Trust will be expanding its digital delivery of learning in our new school. Here you will be joining a team who are also award winners: SSATs Educational Outcomes Award. A blend of excellence and experience to enable you to be the best you can be.
The role will include coordinating the delivery of Mathematics with the team from Keys Stages 3 to 5, including GCSE and A-level. Your digital skills combined with your expertise will enhance provision and support growth. You will be expected to drive improvement within the Mathematics Faculty and will, with your STEM colleagues, secure a balance for excellence in curriculum, student agency and project based learning across the school.
This is a unique time and opportunity where you can be a part of shaping the future of our new school, with STEM at the heart of its curriculum delivery.
Join US and Unlock your Potential
As a member of QUEST you can expect:
• A supportive environment allowing you to progress and develop as an expert teacher
• Excellent CPD opportunities and guidance through our Spirit of Purpose Programme
• Students who are enthusiastic and keen to learn in a positive environment
• The opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
• A Trust committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students
• A Trust committed to a digital strategy and life skills curriculum which provides a balance for all
• Up-to-date facilities, located at the heart of the knowledge campus
• Creative and innovative approaches that engage students, develop agency and harness digital technology
• To be shaping the next phase of education for the future
• A balance for excellence for all
• The Trust expects:
• a UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Maths Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Maths up to A-level, pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• A teacher willing to become an Apple Teacher in our digitally innovative Trust
• A personal commitment to being the best you can be.
The Trust wants to hear from ambitious teachers with new ideas! Can you bring passion to the magic of Maths? There are plenty of progression opportunities through our Spirit of Purpose! Why not join us on our exciting new journey?
20 Great Reasons to work for us…………….
1. Great pupils you will never forget.
2. Our schools are all about passion, determination and enthusiasm and we live these words - it’s how we show up at work.
3. Our motto, ‘Unlocking Potential’, reflects how we see challenges as opportunities and have an unshakeable belief in the right of children to a high quality education.
4. A coaching culture of high rapport, high challenge and high support to enable you to work at the top of your game.
5. Stunning staff, motivated to succeed.
6. A staff voice across the Trust that is actually listened to and shapes our evolution – our Spirit Group.
7. Inspirational Leadership and great teamwork at all levels.
8. Senior Leaders you can trust, who have integrity and moral purpose, are human and walk the talk.
9. Amazing exam results with a ‘whole education’ genuinely valued.
10. Be the best through our Spirit of Purpose programme
11. Access to the Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family’s wellbeing.
12. Participation in the Childcare Voucher Scheme, free of tax and NI.
13. Investment in staff training, e.g. subsidised MA qualification options.
14. An internal market for promotion within the growing group of QUEST Academies or as a funded ‘Change Champions’.
15. A unique collaborative approach across the Trust serving the needs of our communities.
16. Termly staff newsletter celebrating successes and achievements and responding to your questions.
17. Credit Union savings scheme.
18. A newly structured working pattern with a two week break in October.
19. Welcoming people, positive teams and working environments – ‘A Balance for Excellence’. Supported by our digital approach
20. Our great students.
Applying for the job
Further details can be found on the QUEST website: https://www.questrust.org.uk/work-for-us-1 More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
167 pupils enrolled
14 to 19
About University Collegiate School
Located within the University of Bolton campus, UCS has an outstanding £10 million facility for 11-19 year olds which includes specialist laboratories for Optometry, Clinical Dentistry, Pharmaceutical Consulting, Medical Simulation, Robotics, Electronics and 3D Printing.
Our facilities uniquely inspire and motivate our students to succeed in their studies and propel their careers forward.
Our staff are subject specialists that employ a wide range of teaching and learning strategies, with our digital platform embedded in delivery to provide the best possible learning opportunities for our students.
We aim to continue the journey of the UTC’s success, as SSATs Educational Outcomes Award Winners and build on this as we welcomed our first cohort of Year 7 students in September 2020. The team who have worked tirelessly to improve standards so far, will be the bedrock of the successes in the future and provide a level of excellence and professionalism now being recognised by others.
Arranging a visit to University Collegiate School
Visits are warmly welcome. Please contact University Collegiate School 01204 928700