- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- MPS/UPS depending on experience + TLR
Turner Schools is offering an exciting and unique opportunity for an ambitious teacher to further develop the mathematics provision at Folkestone Academy. Supported by the Director of Mathematics and working alongside our key stage leaders to refine and deliver our trust-wide secondary curriculum and support the development of our maths teachers.
The applicant should be an experienced and expert classroom practitioner, we are looking to develop candidates within the role and therefore welcome applications from candidates for whom this is their first leadership role, as well as from those with some leadership experience.
We are unashamedly ambitious for what every child in our care can achieve. As such, our high standards of behaviour ensure that our teachers are free to focus on creating and delivering the very best lessons. This role provides an exciting opportunity to help shape our curriculum and provision throughout our school.
Turner schools are proud of their innovation in research-informed teaching, leadership development and ongoing curricular improvement and our partnerships with organisations such as Leadership Matters and Ambition Institute mean we can offer extensive, bespoke development opportunities which we encourage all of our leaders to embrace.
For candidates who would like to discuss this role before application please contact email@example.com.
The successful candidate will....
* be dedicated to improving pupils’ progress and raising attainment at Folkestone Academy, sharing effective practice with colleagues
* have some experience of success in raising standards and developing others
* have an understanding of current pedagogical research particularly with regards to mathematics teaching
* a mindset to always lead by example: in the classroom; supporting and developing others, and promoting our Trust values
In return, Turner Schools can offer...
* a strong ethos and culture that promotes the belief that all pupils can achieve
* calm and purposeful learning environments, with high pupil behaviour expectations
* a warm and welcoming team of teachers and associate staff
* manageable workload through sensible and efficient policies
* personalised coaching and CPD programmes alongside an investment in your career and development through financing Masters qualifications, training courses and conferences as requested
* a Trust which takes student and faculty welfare seriously
* private healthcare from Benenden Health medical, including a 24/7 prescription GP service, counselling, access to the BUPA hospital network and physiotherapy.
* a genuine opportunity to make a difference by being part of the exciting Trust vision.
* relocation package may be available for the right candidate.
Applying for the job
Please click on the link to complete and submit your applicationMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 1207 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
About Folkestone Academy
At Folkestone Academy we foster an environment where students value their education and enjoy their learning and feel inspired to develop their true passions. We offer traditional academic subjects alongside creative arts, sports and a vibrant extra-curricular. We want our pupils to find their talents and be the best they can be.
We believe our purpose is to provide the young people we serve with a powerful education. This education will foster ambitious students who have the confidence to succeed academically and to go on to live fulfilled, successful lives.
We believe that a knowledge-led curriculum delivered by research-engaged, dedicated practitioners is the catalyst necessary to achieve this purpose. Essential to this purpose is our shared commitment to our values.
Folkestone Academy is part of Turner Schools, which is committed to giving a powerful education to local families through schools where children thrive and knowledge matters. Turner Schools is committed to ensuring success without selection for our pupils and students by teaching them the core knowledge and life skills they need to thrive in the modern world. Turner Schools is committed to leading schools where children thrive and knowledge matters. Our mission is to set a new standard in non-selective education, empowering our pupils and students with cultural capital. In this way we will contribute to the regeneration of the region; we call this mission ‘sea-change’.
Our schools include: Folkestone Academy; Folkestone Primary; Morehall Primary; Martello Primary; and Turner Free School.
Turner Schools is committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. It expects all staff and volunteers to share this same commitment. Any appointment is subject to satisfactory recruitment checks, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Two references are required prior to commencement of employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.