The Laurel Academy are looking to appoint a Teacher of Maths, Second in Department to join our academy in September 2024 on a full time, permanent basis.
Are you looking for a role that will enable you to influence and give direction to the children in your classes? Do you want to work for a Trust that is transforming educational outcomes for students in some of the most deprived areas in the North of England? If so, this could be the role for you.
The Laurel Academy is an 11 -16 Academy of 720 pupils serving the town of Mexborough and its surrounding area. The Laurel has a rich history within the town since it was established in 1904 and has numerous notable alumni including Poet Laureate Ted Hughes. Mexborough is an ex mining town with a strong sense of community and some wonderful pupils. People who visit the Academy always comment on the excellent behaviour and conduct of the pupils and the welcoming ethos of the Academy. The Laurel is a great place to work where you can make a real difference to the lives of young people. In April 2023 Ofsted rated our school ‘Good’ in all areas.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience required for this position, then we would very much like to hear from you.
You will be joining an ambitious, committed, and hardworking team who are passionate about the difference we can make to our young people, staff, families and the wider community.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or visit the academy, please telephone the academy on 01709 302244.
We offer an extensive range of opportunities, incentives and benefits with this post including:
- Financial, offering unlimited access to a huge range of discounts on holidays, days out, retailer and cashback deals inc. Curry’s, John Lewis, Tesco and B&Q to name but a few.
- Lifestyle and Wellbeing, discounted & flexible gym memberships, eye care vouchers, cycle 2 work/Technology scheme, free annual flu jab and 24/7 access to a market leading Employee Assistance Programme providing expert information specialist advisors trained by Citizens Advice and access to professionally qualified counsellors accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Motoring, access to an employee vehicle leasing scheme*,discounted vehicle repairs and discounts on car/van hire.
- Pension, excellent employer/employee contributory pension scheme with the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS)
- Personal and professional, we offer a range of training and development opportunities for you to grow and develop.
*Subject to ensuring NMW is maintained.
For more information and to apply for this position please visit our website athttps://www.deltatrust.org.uk/careers-with-delta/
This job post has expired.