MFL Teacher – to start September 2020
Closing date: 12 noon on Wednesday 29th January 2020
Interview date: Wednesday 5th February 2020
Ada Lovelace Church of England High School, one of four schools in the Twyford CE Academies Trust, is a new seven-form-entry secondary school for pupils aged 11-18 in Ealing, West London. As a new school within a highly aspirational and academically successful multi-academy Trust Ada Lovelace offers exciting development opportunities and good promotion prospects for talented and energetic teachers who support the ethos of our schools. The school offers comprehensive T&L and CPD opportunities for all teachers.
The Trust is particularly committed to achieving high standards in the teaching of Modern Foreign Languages and achieves outstanding outcomes and a very high entry rate in this subject area.
The school, now in its second year, is currently co-located at William Perkin CE High School (Ofsted ‘Outstanding’), and moves to its brand new permanent site in north Ealing in September 2020.
This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic teacher as we prepare our students for GCSE and beyond (the school’s first GCSEs will be in 2023). Our oldest Year group will start Year 9 in September 2020 so this post is ideally suited to a teacher who is passionate about curriculum design and development, especially at KS4. The post-holder will be joining an innovative, ambitious and energetic staff group that seeks to deliver an outstanding curriculum, and will be well supported by an experienced Senior Leadership Team. Joint working between the Trust schools ensures that there is a very strong programme of European trips and extracurricular activities, making languages high profile within the school community. Ada Lovelace is unusual in offering French and German as core offers and particularly welcomes applicants from teachers with both languages. Training on the teaching of modern foreign languages is a strength within the CPD.
This role is suitable for NQT and RQT applicants.
For an informal discussion about this position or to arrange a visit please contact the HR/Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the schools please visit the Twyford Trust and Ada Lovelace websites. For more information about the role please see the Job Description on the Twyford Trust website at: http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies
The successful candidate will have:
· A good degree and Qualified Teacher Status or overseas equivalent
· Ability to teach Modern Foreign Languages to KS5
· Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the National Curriculum
· An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments
· An understanding and experience of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement
· An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively
· Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement
· Energy and enthusiasm
· A commitment to the ethos of the school
· Exceptional professional development and career progression
· Positive working relationships at all levels
· A supportive and lively Leadership Team
· Opportunity to gain experience within 4 different Trust schools with a common commitment to professional collaboration
Please visit the Vacancies page of the Twyford Trust website http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies for more information about how to apply, and to download a Job description, Application Form and Letter to Applicants.
Applications must be submitted to HR/Recruitment at Twyford School by the closing date and time above. They can be posted to Twyford Church of England Academies Trust, c/o Twyford Church of England School, Twyford Crescent, Acton, London W3 9PP or emailed to email@example.com. Please do not submit applications by fax.
The Twyford Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and references from previous employers. For more information about the DBS please see https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
The post-holder will also be expected to read and adhere to the Trust’s Child Protection Policy, and any other Safeguarding documents stated within this.
Essential educational requirements
see the application pack
see the application pack
Essential skills and experience
see the application pack
About Ada Lovelace Church of England High School
- Oldfield Lane North, Greenford, UB6 8PR
- Free School
- Ada Lovelace Church of England High School website (opens in a new window)