Twyford Church of England High School, London
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Subjects||French, German, Spanish|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £30,480 to £41,483|
We are looking for a Modern Foreign Language Teacher in a school which offers outstanding opportunities for professional development. We offer French, German, Spanish, and some Latin, and this role is most suited to applicants who can teach at least one language to KS5 (ideally French) and either German or Spanish at KS3.
Twyford Church of England High School, an Ofsted outstanding school with a thriving Sixth Form, is one of four Twyford Trust schools. The post-holder will be joining an innovative, ambitious and energetic staff group that seeks to deliver an outstanding curriculum, and will be well supported by an experienced Senior Leadership Team. Joint working between the Trust schools ensures that there is a very strong programme of European trips and extracurricular activities, making languages high profile within the school community. The new post-holder will be joining us at a time of growth and the Trust therefore offers excellent promotion prospects for motivated and energetic teachers who support the ethos of our schools.
In Year 7 students study either French or Spanish with able linguists (half of the year group) also studying Latin. In Year 8 more able linguists are offered German as a second modern foreign language. In Year 9 all students begin their GCSE, having chosen from French, German or Spanish with some students choosing a second modern foreign language or Latin at this stage. Approximately 80% of students study languages in Year 9, and the majority continue through to GCSE. Student numbers are also very strong at A Level in French and Spanish. Joint working between the Trust schools ensures that there is a very strong programme of European trips and extracurricular activities, making languages high profile within the school community.
This role is suitable for NQT or RQT applicants.
For more information about the schools please see the Trust and Twyford school websites, and for the job description and details about how to apply please see the Vacancies page on the Twyford Trust website at: http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies
Essential educational requirements
A good degree
Essential skills and experience
• Ability to teach French to KS5 and either German or Spanish to KS3
• Knowledge of the requirements of the National Curriculum
• An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments
• An understanding of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement
• An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively
• Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement
• Energy and enthusiasm
• A commitment to the ethos of the school
• Exceptional professional development and career progression
• Positive working relationships at all levels
• A supportive and lively Leadership Team
• Opportunity to gain experience within 4 different Trust schools with a common commitment to professional collaboration
|School type||Academy, Church of England|
|School size||1499 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Twyford Church of England High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Twyford Church of England High School
Twyford Crescent, London, W3 9PP