Harnham Infant School is looking to recruit friendly and caring MDSAs who
enjoy working with children.
“Enjoy, explore and learn” is our motto, which encompasses our day to day
values. Harnham Infant School is a
vibrant, friendly learning community, where everyone is valued; with
well-motivated children who are enthusiastic to learn and dedicated adults who
enable them to do their best.
The successful candidate will need to be a good time keeper and be confident when dealing with children.
They will also need to be a good communicator, a team player and willing
to undertake first aid.
The main roles include:
- Supervision of pupils, either in the lunch hall or other areas in the school, whilst they
are eating lunch or taking part in lunchtime activities.
- Carry out associated duties, e.g. clear spillages, clean tables and chairs, stack tables
and chairs that are used during the lunch break, sweep floor and wash up cups and
spoons as directed by the Lead MDSA.
- Carry out minor first aid on pupils and enter incidents that have been identified by the
school in the accident book or on an accident slip.
- Report to Lead MDSA any accidents of the type identified by the school - e.g. head
injuries, or pupils who become unwell, so that parents can be contacted.
- Report to senior MDSA any strangers, visitors or potential hazards on the school site
- Attend in-service training when required.
- Take part in job review meetings and MDSA meetings when requested
-Support the aims, ethos and values of the school by example and ensure that they
are followed by pupils in line with school policy.
Due to the nature of the position for which you are applying, and to ensure your suitability for this type of work, you will be required to apply for a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service if you are successful in your application. This application will be made before your appointment is confirmed. Disclosure will contain details of formal cautions, reprimands and final warnings, as well as convictions. The school will arrange for the disclosure on your behalf and will pay the necessary fee. Having a criminal conviction will not automatically exclude you from employment. This will depend on the nature of the position and the circumstances and background of the offence committed.
This job post has expired.