Braunstone Community Primary School
Grade 5, points 7-8 (£23,117 - £23,504 full time equivalent)
11.25 hours per week
Mon - Fri (11:15am-1:30pm)
We are looking for a Midday Manager, to be responsible for the management and development of Midday Supervisors at the school over the lunchtime period in order to ensure the health and safety, welfare and security of pupils.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To take instructions from the Senior Leadership Team including the School Business Manager regarding the situation at lunchtime at the School including any relevant issues relating to individual pupils.
- Ensure reasonable behaviour and safe conduct of pupils by maintaining good order and discipline, dealing as appropriate (including restraint) with all incidents of disorder ensuring that any disruption is minimised.
- To organise the Midday Supervisors to cover all duties required to meet the needs of the School efficiently and effectively at lunchtimes.
- To produce work schedules and staffing rotas for midday supervisors, submitted electronically each term to the SBM.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Experience of working with children
- Knowledge of Child Protection Procedures
- Knowledge of Behaviour Management Policy
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to be assertive when necessary and to follow instruction with regard to feeding and exercise
Please see document attached for a full job description and person specification, and to assist you in your application.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development
- The opportunity to create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts.
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Pension Scheme
Braunstone Community Primary School is a two-form entry school that sits proudly in its community. Our vision is BELONG, CARE, PERSEVERE, SUCCEED. Everything that the children and staff do at our school, has these core values as the golden thread.
The future of this school is extremely exciting, and our innovative curriculum encompasses the community in which it serves and will empower our children to be as successful as possible in the wider world.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
Closing date for Applications: 06 October 2023
Interview Date: 11 October 2023
Start Date: as soon as possible
We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
This job post has expired.