To report to the school each day at a time specified by the Headteacher and to carry out any instructions given from time to time. In general, these will include:
- Supervision of all pupils during the lunch period, both in the school buildings and playground. This involves supervision of children before, during and after they have eaten their lunches.
- To assist with setting up tables and benches in the hall (manual handling and lifting required).
- Ensure that the hall (or dining area if in classroom) is clean and prepared prior, during and after meal breaks, ensuring spillages of food or liquid are cleaned immediately and that the environment is kept safe to prevent accidents.
- To wipe tables, chairs and benches and ensure that the environment is clean, welcoming and pleasant for the children.
- To ensure the safety of pupils at all times including awareness and monitoring of children with allergies
- To promote Healthy Eating Policy, encouraging the children to enjoy their food and to make healthy choices.
- To ensure cutlery and beakers of water are provided for the children as required.
- To supervise the children clearing their lunch containers.
- To sweep and spot mop floors during and after lunches.
- At the end of the lunchtime, within the required time scale, ensure the hall is tidied and cleared, with all furniture (manual handling and lifting required) safely stored away so that the hall is safe and ready to use by the school.
- To maintain high expectations of behaviour from the pupils and provide positive encouragement in the form of praise. To follow the school’s behaviour policy, logging incidents on the school’s behaviour monitoring system and reporting them to the class teacher.
- To facilitate, supervise and actively engage pupils in suitable playground activities.
- To ensure the prevention of damage to the buildings, equipment and grounds.
- To provide minor first aid for cuts and grazes etc, sending children to the office if they have more serious complaints or have bumped their heads.
- Any other duties requested by the Headteacher. These duties may vary from time to time without changing their general character or the level of responsibility entailed.
This job post has expired.