About this role
Fossebrook Primary School
Grade 4 Pay point 5-6 (£22,742 - £22,931)
5 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
Monday - Friday : 12.00-13.00
Fixed Term until 9 July 2024
Fossebrook Primary School Primary School have an exciting opportunity for a Lunchtime Supervisor to be a proactive integrated member of the school staff team, who will support the lunchtime staff to deliver high quality care during lunchtimes, creating an active educational environment which advances pupil’s learning and social skills. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and flexible Lunchtime Supervisor.
Why choose Fossebrook Primary School?
It is our mission to provide our pupils with a stimulating and engaging curriculum in a safe and secure environment. We believe that emotional wellbeing is essential in developing positive behaviour and academic success. We value and respect all individuals and our ethos gives our community the confidence to achieve their full potential and to be the best that they can be, and in doing so make a positive contribution to society.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise pupils in the area in which they eat their lunch and manage queues accordingly.
- Assist and supervise the clearing away and tidying of the eating area and mop up spills when required.
- Supervise /engage pupils after lunch, either inside or outside of the school building, being especially vigilant as to the health, safety and security of the pupils within their care, and in accordance with the School Behaviour Policy.
- Attend to accidents in the playground in accordance with the School procedure and guidelines on accidents and their treatment. Ensure that all accidents are properly recorded using school systems.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience of working with children.
- An empathy with and an understanding of children in the age range concerned.
- Ability to be assertive when necessary
- Ability to understand and follow relevant procedures, e.g. health and safety, child protection (including issues regarding restraint), school behaviour policy
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached to support with your application.
What we offer:
- Flexible working options
- Support for continuous professional development in the role
- Opportunities to visit other organisations for professional learning
- Highly committed and motivated Team
- A role which has the opportunity to make a real difference whilst having fun
- Free car parking
- Annual incremental pay increases with the pay scale range
- A defined benefit pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - EAP
- Employee self-service portal.
- Eyecare voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discounts
- Dental support
- Gym discount
- Be an integral member of the team in a vibrant school
- Create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children
- Play a significant part in continuing to develop our school
- Be part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Trust
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development
- A established Central Services Team who support schools and wider colleagues
More about Discovery Schools Trust
Discovery Schools Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence are shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
Please note that interviews for this position may be made earlier than the stated closing date if a suitable candidate is identified. Therefore, we encourage interested applicants to submit their applications promptly. Early submission will not only ensure consideration for the position but also increase the likelihood of being invited for an interview. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to receiving your application.
Safeguarding Statement: We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
This job post has expired.