Role: Midday Supervisor – Fixed Term Contract with a possibility of
Start date: ASAP
Pay Scale A.1 – FTE £21,189 pro rata
7.5 hr per week, 5 days a week, term time only, 11.45am – 1.15pm
Purpose of Job: To work as part of a team monitoring pupils’ behaviour during the midday break.
1. Supervise activities and maintain the health, safety, welfare, good conduct and
safeguarding of pupils during midday break, having regard to special or additional needs.
2. Assist in the supervision of other activities during the midday break, including setting out
and storing equipment.
3. Encourage pupils to select and eat healthy balanced meals.
4. Communicate with pupils during midday breaks to encourage healthy meal selection and
oversee play activities.
5. Clean up spillages of food or liquid during meal service.
6. Wipe down tables and clean dining areas between meals.
7. Report incidents in line with school policy.
8. Occasionally exposed to emotionally demanding situations during the midday break.
9. Requires normal physical effort or stamina, with shorter periods of greater effort
including carrying loads and cleaning.
Ensure pupils eat healthily in a safe environment, using persuasive skills to encourage
Adhere to school local and national authorities’ guidelines and exercise professional
discretion at all times.
Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health,
safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an
Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development.
Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
Attend relevant meetings.
Other Information: Milton Keynes Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
and vulnerable adults. All employees are expected to share this commitment, to follow the
Council’s safeguarding policies and procedures and to behave appropriately towards children
and vulnerable adults at all times, both in work and in their personal lives.
All school-based posts are defined as Regulated Activity and therefore this post is subject to
an Enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.