Midday Supervisory Assistant
This job expired on 2 October 2022
Start date details
As soon as possible.
2 October 2022 at 5pm
16 September 2022
- View all Part timejobs - Variable, between 5 – 8.75 hours per week, between 11.30am – 1.15pm
- Grade B, £2,279 - £3,988 per year
Midday Supervisory Assistant job summary
We are recruiting for a Midday Supervisory Assistant to work as part of a team monitoring pupil behaviour during the midday break to ensure a caring and safe environment. The successful candidate will be required to work indoors and outdoors when supervising the children and young people to ensure their safety.
Alongside our staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people. The ideal candidate will have:
- Awareness of health and hygiene issues
- Experience appropriate to working with children
- Judgemental skills
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a team.
- Two references confirming suitability for the role
- Commitment to safeguarding
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Able to provide evidence of police checks for any time spent living or working abroad
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable staff
- Commitment to your continued professional development through training
- A warm, happy school where we value our community and have a philosophy of kindness and support for each other
- Happy, enthusiastic and well-behaved children
- A school with exciting and attractive learning environments
- An opportunity to work with a close-knit team
- A leadership team who welcome fresh ideas, traditional values and a sense of teamwork
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Barrowcliff School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 2 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 289 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Barrowcliff School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 07816 251271
Welcome from the Headteacher
On behalf of the children, staff and governors, I’d like to welcome you to Barrowcliff School.
You will not be surprised to hear (like all Headteachers) that I am very proud of our school where the welfare, wellbeing and achievement of our children are firmly embedded.
We are a team who believe in the value of every child and adult who comes into our school. We want all our school family to feel valued, happy and respected, and to recognise their role in continuing to make our school the best it can be. We aim to raise standards and ensure all pupils reach their full potential in every area of school life: academic, social, personal, physical and spiritual. We maintain this within an enjoyable and challenging learning environment that is rewarding for everyone. Through our teaching, we equip children with the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to be able to make informed choices and take appropriate risks.
We work very hard to ensure we have a strong, dedicated and passionate team of teachers, teaching assistants and support staff that are all working towards our shared mission statement. We are proud of the positive comments we regularly receive from visitors about our staff and positive learning environment and hope that as you read through our school brochure, you gain a sense of this shared vision throughout our school family. Our school has benefited from considerable investment over the years – both in terms of the learning environments and the outside space – and we are very much community driven.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Arranging a visit to Barrowcliff School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email NYES.Resourcing@northyorks.gov.uk.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in North Riding Of Yorkshire