We have an opportunity for a suitably qualified, enthusiastic and innovative teacher to join our forward thinking and successful music department. The ideal candidate will be expected to teach music across key stages 3, 4 and 5 and be committed to raising the achievement of all students. We expect a strong commitment to the running of extra-curricular activities and whole school productions. The post would suit an ambitious teacher and someone who has had an experience of teaching or would like to teach A level music. We have excellent training and career progression opportunities for NQTs and more experienced teachers.
Highams Park School is a very successful co-educational 11-18 mixed Academy converter comprehensive school. There is a strong culture of traditional values like school uniform and good behaviour coupled with an emphasis on high quality, forward thinking teaching and learning.
To teach music at KS3, KS4 and KS5.
MAIN (CORE) DUTIES
Teaching music to KS3, KS4 and KS5 as required.
General teaching duties as expected for a Classroom Teacher.
Being a positive and proactive member of the Music Team.
Teaching and Learning
1. Teach music to KS3, KS4 and KS5 as required.
2. Contribute to the department’s bank of resources for the teaching of music and assist in the production of materials which take into account students of all abilities and levels.
3. Contribute to the drawing up, evaluation and reviewing of Schemes of Work in relation to KS3, KS4 and KS5.
4. Plan and evaluate work in accordance with departmental policy.
5. Work effectively with colleagues, providing support and help as required.
6. Build positive working relationships with students in your care, implementing the school’s rewards and sanctions consistently.
7. Contribute to developing enrichment activities in the department. Running of extra-curricular activities during and after school as necessary. Assist in maintaining high quality displays in music classrooms and areas
Assessment, Recording and Reporting
1. Maintain records of achievement and progress of all students in accordance with statutory requirements and departmental policy.
2. Mark and return work set, including homework, in line with school and departmental policy.
3. Adhere to the school’s Assessment and Marking Policy.
4. Complete student data entry and reports in line with school policy.
5. Attend Parents’ Evenings as required and keep students and parents informed about current performance and ways in which to improve.
Any other reasonable duties as directed by the Principal.
Essential educational requirements
Degree of other appropriate qualification in Music
Teaching Qualification with QTS
Essential skills and experience
Ability to teach across Key Stages 3, 4, 5
A good understanding of curriculum developments.
The ability to enthuse and motive the Student.
About Highams Park School
- 34 Handsworth Avenue, London, Essex, E4 9PJ
- Highams Park School website (opens in a new window)