Inspire our lively little learners! We are looking to appoint a Music Teacher/HLTA to support individuals and groups of students to support high standards of teaching and learning in Music and to take an active part in the development of the Music department and the school as a whole.
Main Areas of Responsibility
As Music teacher/HLTA, your responsibilities include:
- To be an exemplary teacher, clearly demonstrating effectiveplanning, teaching and organisation, and high standards ofachievement and behaviour in Music lessons.
- Set appropriate, realistic yet demanding expectations for studentslearning, building on prior attainment/knowledge.
- Identify students who may require learning support and knowwhere to enlist help if and when required.
- Be willing to share good practice within and beyond the Musicdepartment.
- Planning should show clear understanding of the year groupexpectations and lead to progression within lessons and oversequences of lessons.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working directly with young people in an education or training environment, supporting the learning of students.
- Knowledge of the relevant aspects of the UK National Curriculum
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to engage children and enable them to perform highly
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
All applications must be made online via the apply link.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.