This job expired on 31 May 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
31 May 2023 at 11:59pm
11 May 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for someone who is:
- A great music teacher with very high expectations of themselves and the children they teach.
- Organised and committed to raising the profile of music across the school so that it impacts on all children regardless of their ability or background.
- Passionate about creating quality learning opportunities for children, never giving up on them.
- Able to communicate successfully to a range of stakeholders.
- Flexible with a good sense of humour and an understanding of the 'bigger picture'. Hard working, creative and keen to develop their own teaching to make it the best it can be.
- Is self-reflective and seeking to be the best at their profession.
- Has a professional outlook and thrives on challenge.
- Has a passion for teaching and is ambitious for children and making a difference.
- Genuinely enjoys the company of children and can see the fun as well as the serious side of teaching.
- Enjoys working with other people and being part of a team.
What the school offers its staff
- We are a professional, friendly and happy team of teachers and support staff.
- We offer a dynamic and exciting environment with the chance to make a real difference.
- We are an organisation that is keen to nurture and develop the expertise of its staff.
- We have children who are shown how to learn from the very start.
- We serve communities that deserve the best.
- We offer opportunities for leadership and leadership development.
Further details about the role
Please download an information pack for further details, including a job description and person specification.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Southwold Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 376 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Southwold Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Our school is based in the vibrant and diverse community of Hackney, East London. We provide a rich and exciting curriculum to develop the confidence and enthusiasm for learning that will take our pupils through secondary school and beyond. Our staff refuse to accept that where a child starts should be a barrier to how well they do or the aspirations that they have. As a result, our pupils make exceptional progress in the key areas of reading, writing and mathematics and consistently achieve above national averages. This is down to the hard work of our staff and pupils, as well as our commitment to work alongside parents and engage our communities in what we do. We are part of the Viridis Federation of three local schools, sharing expertise and a passion for creating a fantastic place for children to learn. We have a joint Governing body and work closely to develop a curriculum offer which will inspire our learners. Our curriculum is innovative and inclusive, and as a result we have achieved many awards and quality marks that benchmark our provision against the highest standards. We welcome visits and provide weekly tours whilst the school is in session so that you can see our happy, motivated children first hand.
Arranging a visit to Southwold Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Ark Byron Primary Academy
The Vale, London, W3 7JT
Morden Mount Primary School
Lewisham Road, London, SE13 7QP
KS1 Class Teacher with Subject Leadership
St Andrew's (Barnsbury) Church of England Primary School
Matilda Street, London, N1 0LB
Class Teacher looking for SEND teaching experience
Invicta Primary School
Invicta Road, London, SE3 7HE
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Hackney