The Portsmouth Academy is seeking to appoint a dynamic and creative Music Technician / Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our team. You will have sound knowledge and skills to provide technical support to the teaching staff and students in our state-of-the-art new Aspire building with fantastic facilities for Performing Arts.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached Job Description
- Previous experience as a Music Technician or working within technical arts is desirable
- You will hold a relevant Level 3, higher childcare qualification or equivalent experience
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE or equivalent, Grade 4/C or above)
- You will have experience of working with KS3 and KS4 aged students as well as a desire to support pupils to reach their full potential through one-to-one work, group work and whole class support
- Knowledge of how to operate sound / lighting boards
- Experience of playing contemporary instruments and running contemporary ensembles
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office programs
- Be committed to work as part of a team who are passionate about achieving the very best outcomes for all of our students
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools
The Portsmouth Academy is focused on providing an inclusive education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities. The Portsmouth Academy’s vision and ethos is rooted in developing aspirational and self-reflective learners who are able to think for themselves and be valuable members of their community. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum in both KS3 and 4, placing significant importance on cultural capital alongside academic achievement.
What our Trust will offer you:
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to previously receive the Wellbeing award at the Teach Portsmouth Awards.
- A state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art, music drama and humanities.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- An excellent Local Government pension scheme
- As a Trust we aim to foster a culture of appreciation with our fantastic Colleague recognition scheme
- Health and Wellbeing benefits including access to Thinking You - A 24/7 employee assistance programme for legal, financial, emergency health or lifestyle support
- Support staff have access to 'Discount for Teachers' with a huge range of money saving deals and vouchers
- A 'Refer a Friend' incentive scheme
- Free parking in our staff car park
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job post has expired.