Network Technician Assistant
To work closely with the Systems Manager and Senior Technician to maintain the smooth day-to-day running of the school computer system and associated hardware, software and peripherals for network and standalone machines, servers and laptops.
Essential educational requirements
The successful candidate should be able to evidence education to at least Level 3 (A Level) or equivalent. We do not require any direct IT experience or qualifications, however applicants must have a passion for IT and the determination and drive to learn the network skills required. The ideal candidate to apply for this role should have the following attributes:
• Positive mind-set & hardworking attitude
• Excellent team working skills & effective communicator
• Logical thinker who enjoys overcoming diverse challenges
• Confident & proactive
• Calm & patient when under pressure
• Excellent time management
Educated to A level / Level 3 or equivalent
Relevant IT qualification is desirable but not essential
Essential skills and experience
Applicants do not require previous IT experience, however, they will need to evidence knowledge and understanding of computers and various software packages.
• Comprehensive tailored induction programmes
• Mentor / Buddy System
• Commitment to continuing professional development
• Various staff benefits including access to free car parking, school gymnasium and swimming pool
About The King Edmund School
We summarise our aims as a school by the phrase ‘In Pursuit of Excellence'. We want every student to strive to achieve the very best that they can in every aspect of school life – from their studies to participation in school shows, sporting activities and so on. The wellbeing of our students is something we also take seriously, since we want students to be happy, well-adjusted and resilient during their time at KES and beyond. A happy, secure student is far more likely to be successful throughout life. The opportunities on offer at KES allow students to develop in this way and to develop the skills and attributes they need to face the future with confidence.
- Vaughan Close, Rochford, Essex, SS4 1TL
- The King Edmund School website (opens in a new window)